In the Potato Patch

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nice. Now, I share almost everything in my garden from my lettuce, squash, tomatoes, beans and sweet potatoes, but not my potatoes. Is that some sort of personality fault or do I have a wee bit too much of the auld sod in me blood?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense to me, @JimWWhite. The other veggies are perishable. Spuds fit into the non-perishable crowd for lasting such a long time that not sharing them doesn't mean eating nothing but potatoes meal after meal after meal unless it is what you want.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Be advised, @thistlebloom , Peter Wilcox: "...Round sapphire beads with stunning gold flesh proclaim large amounts of tubers with a sinfully flashy appearance...

Haha, only a TRUE potato lover could describe them like this!!! Gave me a good chuckle. Of course...maybe that's a good marketing ploy, sexy descriptions of plants...i did buy my "Naughty Marietta" marigolds just for the name. ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like Fedco.

There seem to be some honest people there. Enthusiasm is tempered but they will even praise other seed companies!

Steve

Ken Adams

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Last year was my first attempt at potatoes. They did so well I had enough left this year to use for seeding. Of course being the ocd gardener that I am I doubled the sq footage this year :)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
has anyone tried growing Shepody before? i gave my Potato Patch catalog to a farmer market friend because she was looking for this variety for a friend. but i wanted to get an idea how well these would grow of if anyone has tried them before. they sound like they could be difficult to get here in the US.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like more interest by the Canadians, @Chickie'sMomaInNH .

I have not tried them. I have expressed my aggravation with the garden center spud selection before. This was the first year I have ordered seed potatoes from a catalog outfit. Shipping is a big cost.

You may have to pay for shipping from Colorado for those ...

Steve

Latest posts