In the spirit of recycling, what garden project are you most proud of?

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm very proud of everyone certainly, but I have to give a big KUDO to Aquarose for that wonderful seating area and the forethought to get ahold of that blue slate. Brooklyn's loss was certainly your gain. Isn't it a shame how the beautiful craftsmanship and materials of the bygone days are being ripped out and replaced with much less asthetic options?

OCF, I'm sure everyone would agree with me that you must post a photo of the work you did on those benches. I for one am very interested in seeing them, and the beaker shelving as well.

Pat and Karenleaf, great job in rescuing those plants. You're lifesavers, literally. :ya

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
You folks might be interested to know of the new sister site, www.SufficientSelf.com! They are asking folks for ideas for forum topics right now as they are brand spanking new!! Go over there and brainstorm today, if you get a chance. Its very cool being there at the groundbreaking, so to speak! :)

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks karanleaf and blurose for the compliments. I am very proud of my rock garden. I had major callouses on my hands for a couple of months from all that.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Auqarose I am not surprized :th Thats alot of work...
But the results :bouquet Wow,,,
Just can't say it enough...
Showed DH the photos.. Told him now that is an attractive and organized garden seating area...
That's a cup of coffee quite time place... :love
DH & I have been drop dead tired the past few nights..... He has been working like a mule helping put together my raised beds and finishing the gravel area around the greenhouse. So I think he is trying to help me get there :love

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
karanleaf said:
He has been working like a mule helping put together my raised beds and finishing the gravel area around the greenhouse. So I think he is trying to help me get there :love
That sounds like a good DH! Mine helped me today lay (more) slates in mortar around two sides of my chicken coop. No 'coons getting in there!

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My poor Dh :th :bouquet gota Love him...
He finished 2 raised beds for me and filled them with our good composted soil, by wheel barrow and shovel...:tools

5713_p1010825b.jpg

Then I planted a couple of things...just to see how it looks haha :tools
5713_p1010826b.jpg

then he puts the solar panel up on the chicken coop :love
5713_p1010822b.jpg

And just to top it off he sifted a full bin of composted soil for me for potting soil... He is a keeper or what ? :rose :love

I think I might just have to be nice to him for a while..:bouquet

Almost forgot he took me to get a couple of starts on these Black Hollyhocks
ANd he dig them up too
5713_p1010806.jpg

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The local VFW had a wood fence that they wanted taken down and DH offered to do it for the wood. He made me a picnic table out of the wood that will seat 8 people. It will replace my old rotted one that was falling apart. We will use the table when I have my annual Garden Party. Which is usually ribs and wine and we watch my 9 o'clocks bloom, they just are down right interesting to watch. By 9:20 the show is over.

AlTalble2.jpg

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Rockytopsis, that is so cool. :coolsun

Latest posts