In the spirit of recycling, what garden project are you most proud of?

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yes they are pretty aren't they?
5713_p1010806.jpg

I had always seen them in seed catalogs. And Jean said I should come up and get some starts from hers I jumped at the chance. :tools I will be getting some stocks with seed pods also in Sept. So Hope to have some starts to swap with and to sell at our Greenhouse.
Oh that reminds me :old
I do recycle Newspapers I make paper pots with them for seedlings and transplants for the greenhouse. It never dawned on me till now to mention it. I reuse the large Dog food bags to hold the made pots in storage till I use them. The bags with the zip close top... Also use the dog food bags for my recycling of glass, plastic and cans..... better than plastic trash bags..
:hu Hey I do more recycle than I thought I guess it just comes second nature :happy_flower

holliewould

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Things I've recycled that are in my garden(most all the junk was free). An old boat, plastic bowls, balls, numerous woods, chairs, tables, metals, pavers, cups, tiles, plates, and so much more. If anyone wants pics of my junk garden, do tell. I love sharing my garden!

i read the post wrong. My most favorite of my junk has got to be my boat, or my hanging table. I took an old table top and hung it from a tree. Purdy neat.

akyramoto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
holliewould said:
Things I've recycled that are in my garden(most all the junk was free). An old boat, plastic bowls, balls, numerous woods, chairs, tables, metals, pavers, cups, tiles, plates, and so much more. If anyone wants pics of my junk garden, do tell. I love sharing my garden!
I wanna see!!!!

holliewould

Leafing Out
Reaction score
akyramoto said:
holliewould said:
I wanna see!!!!
Gimme a few minutes. I'm heading out right now! :) wooo

holliewould

Leafing Out
Reaction score
ok everything you see in these pics are either recycled stuff, stuff I found on the beaches, or stuff that has been given to me.

CIMG1245.JPG

That's a nice piece of driftwood I found a couple of weeks ago. I hung a chipped beer mug on it. The upright railroad I found on the side of the road. They are everywhere.

CIMG1246.JPG

The round pavers I simply stacked up and put a rock on them. Another railroad tie laying around.

CIMG1247.JPG

More stacked up round pavers and upright pieces of old wood. The cat house came from my neighbor. Her kitty died a few months back so she gave it to me.

CIMG1248.JPG

That cart has seeds planted in it. I got it from a retailer who went out of business. It was part of his garbage and he said I could take it. Do you believe that? I have a few more of those carts.

CIMG1249.JPG

Old chair I sawed a hole into and put a planted pot in it.

CIMG1250.JPG

Old table hanging from the tree. I need to decorate it with veggie plants or something. I'm still waiting for some good ideas for it.

CIMG1251.JPG

These are gutters I nailed to my fence. I sprayed pesticides on my beans, now they don't look too good.

CIMG1252.JPG

remember the hole I sawed from the chair? Well this is the hole I stuck on a metal rod and stuck it in the ground. There usually is a potted plant on it, but it burnt up in the sun.

CIMG1253.JPG

This is someones discarded hobby boat. It was in the dump so i took it, painted it up, and hung it on my fence.

CIMG1254.JPG

Ships wheel I found years ago. It has a watermelon vine living on it. Oh and the pretty green wine bottle is for looks. I actually paid for that bottle of wine!

Anyway, there is so much more junk going on at my place. this is whats outside my back door :) All recycled stuff.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't know if it was intentional, or subconcious, but I can definitely see the, for lack of better word, theme, associated with each focal point.

Now here's all you do. Advertise that you will do this, on an exclusive basis, for select clients, and then recycle all the time; and make good money at it! :)

Which beach did the driftwood come from? Nice piece!

Thanks for sharing, pretty neat! :)

holliewould

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Tutter said:
I don't know if it was intentional, or subconcious, but I can definitely see the, for lack of better word, theme, associated with each focal point.

Now here's all you do. Advertise that you will do this, on an exclusive basis, for select clients, and then recycle all the time; and make good money at it! :)

Which beach did the driftwood come from? Nice piece!

Thanks for sharing, pretty neat! :)
Yeap that's because I live on the ocean. It's very hard to grow anything accept coconuts, bananas, beans, etc. So this is a nautical theme by the back door. I found the driftwood in Layton, which is in Lower Matecumbe. Nice piece, there is several there left. Too big though. I got some herbs and peppers and such buried behind everything you see in these pics to give some sort of shade. I have to have stacks of crap everywhere just so I can grow a dang flower here :) Show ya my marigolds behind another stack of square pavers tomorrow. Will you show me yours? :)

poppycat

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My DH used tree trimmings to build a raspberry trellis.

It's very Blair Witch Project.

Latest posts