Introducing Beaux

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
After a few more episodes that I prevented him from killing any more chickens, my husband and I talked it over and decided to find him another home. I ran an ad on Craigslist with a good description, including that he killed chickens. There was a lot of interest, but no one met my criteria. Yesterday a lady called and we talked. She sounded perfect. She and her husband came and picked him up. They have 15 acres surrounded by 150 acres of family land, they have a 4 year old boy, a Catahoula/Labrador cross, 2 Australian shepherds and NO chickens. She works at a vet clinic, Beaux went right to them and they all fell in love. It was heart wrenching to let him go, but I couldn't trust him out of my sight. We miss him.

Since we moved here 3 years ago, we lost 2 of our beloved dogs. We have two Great Pyrenees that love us fiercely and we love them even more. But our house feels so empty. We are still grieving the loss of Parker, and now Beaux. But I really feel that Beaux is in a better situation now and will be happier. I guess we will start looking around for another Labrador or Lab mix.

sad to hear you had to do this, but if you couldn't trust him out of yout sight and didn't have the time to retrain then you probably did save yourselves some future grief. i hope you do find a future dog that will be more trust worthy. :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
so glad you found the perfect home for Beaux I am sure you will find a CHICKEN Friendly dog for you. Son has a lab that shares his dog house with one or 2 chickens!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Bay that is heart breaking but you did the right thing. Sometime a dog just does not fit livestyle of family. If you want a golden retriever puppy I would gift one to you and your husband I am sure @Jared77 will tell you not a better breed for grandkids. I do only have females timing is prefect by time they are weened it will be cool enough to fly them to Texas. I feel I know you and your family very well and would be happy to give you a puppy

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2018-9-5_8-11-35.png

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow. Alex, I am stunned. I read your offer to my husband and he is just as stunned as I am. Your generosity has us both blown away. There is a huge empty place in our life with losing Polly last year and losing Parker just recently. Polly was older and we could see her declining, so it was no surprise, but it still hit us hard. Parker was exuberant, loving life, giving so much love one day and gone the next. We are devastated. We still cry over him. Beaux is a sweet, loving dog and it broke our heart to give him up, but he will be happier on a farm with no poultry to tempt him beyond what he could bear.

We have discussed your offer of a puppy and we would really love to have one of your Cavalier puppies. You are right, there is something comforting about a small lap dog that you can pick up, love and hold. I showed my husband pictures of Cavaliers and your thread of the litter you had last year and he is over the moon in love with them. We are still in disbelief over your kind offer and I am tearing up as I write this. You are so kind, so generous and one hell of a fine man. There are not many people in the world that are as open, kind, compassionate and gracious as you are. The world would be a better place if more people took lessons from you on how to be the best that anyone could be. God Bless You.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much. 9 months isn't so long a time to wait. Wow. Still can't believe what you are doing for us. This puppy will be one spoiled, loved little puppy.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now I'm tearing up. I'm glad you were strong enough to make the right decision for Beaux. Its not about training or lack there of....it about finding the right home for him where there will be no repercussions.

Latest posts