Irritated

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
I don't think a person can tell when you unfriend them. I would not itemize for the mouthy oaf. I do not think I really save money growing most of our food. I would not like the results of the tally.
Same here, normally I think knowledge is power, but in this instance I would rather bury my head in the sand and fantisize that I am saving money. lol

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
If they happen to look at their friend list or try to go to your wall, they will realize you unfriended them. I've had people unfriend me because I wouldn't cooperate with the "do this thing or I'm unfriending you in two weeks" spam that goes around. If it's someone you never see or have anything to do with, then it's just as well to unfriend them. But sometimes that causes more drama and hard feelings and restricting what they see is easier. Just depends.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got this loosers number. He will mouth off one too many times and I'll be like baskin robins and he'll get 31 flavors of what for. It's really just a matter of time.... I did a baskin robins on the local cable company one day, with in a week they were out here running cable to my house :D :woot

He's the type of person who will belittle you in the blink of an eye, just because he doesn't have what I have and he cant stand it. I've thought about it all day and that's the conclusion I have reached. Jealousy gets you no where in life. He cant handle the fact that I have a nice little piece of land and can grow food to feed my family. The fact still remains that he doesn't have the resources to grow a garden. He has lived on store bought food all his life and doesn't know the difference. At least I know what's in my food, he has no clue what's in his food. :sick
Sorry about the post everyone, I just needed to vent and reflect on what I have and be thankful for providing us with the knowledge to grow food in our own yard. Obviously he doesn't have the skill of knowledge to do that for his own family..... poor sap!

You cant fix stupid!!!:gig:gig

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
rant away. it's part of why i haven't bothered with FB. my blood pressure would be much worse. i think that when it comes to tallying anything you need to also list the good and bad of raising/growing your own food vs the good/bad of shopping for it at the local store. also, how it makes you feel to grow/raise your own food and get the exercise while doing it.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
dewdrops, I think your awesome! and what you do is amazing!

Mary
Thank you Mary!!!!! :happy_flower :hugs

I don't understand why some people have to be so jealous. I don't try to be something I'm not, I just want to share my excitement with people.... apparently they don't like my excitement.:smack How can that be :gig :idunno

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Chickies, I have come to the conclusion that he is a miserable person and has to try to make everyone around him miserable too. His own sister cant stand him. He thinks he's the cat's meow, I disagree. I told him to his face he doesn't impress me much. He didn't like that. I think he went home to :hit because I was not impressed.

My life will not fall apart because he disagrees with my way of life.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, Dew told me about him. I don't have a FB page. First, I don't care for a lot of social media. Yes, TEG is social media, but I don't share my entire life with you. Heck, if I did, most of you would unfriend me :lol: well, except for Baymule, because Texans think alike :lol: :gig (I thought the carrots were funny too, Bay!) Second, I don't need the drama that social media brings with it. As someone else said, (Journey, I believe) people will say things on FB that they won't say to your face. I find that true all the time. People will say things to Dew on FB that they would never dare say in my presence. Mostly her family.

Anyway, Chuck is an @ss. I have met him once and immediately didn't like him. He is one of those people that is always right and if you don't believe it, just ask him. Dew's brother is the same way. Neither of them have the guts to say anything to my face, but both also know I don't do facebook. Dew usually hides stuff like this from me because I can be...shall we say...confrontational? hostile? defensive?

I think defensive fits best. I won't hunt Chuck down and beat him with a baseball bat (as badly as I would like too). But, I will defend what I do, on my property, with my own time. Of course, if he ever steps over the line and insults Dew directly, the baseball bat will come into play. It will never come to that though. He's a wanna be redneck coward. He's all talk, no action.

I think his whole problem is that his life is "perfect" as he perceives it. Mommy and Daddy have given him everything so he has never had to work to actually make it through life. His life comes from a store. Dew's brother is the same way. He loves to talk about his garden, even though he has nothing to do with it. Dew's father plants it and tends it.It's funny that Chuck has nothing to say to Dew's brother about his garden, (they are best friends, after all).

So, my advice to Dew is this; I made a list of everything we grew and harvested as well as projected harvest. I know what we paid for seeds and chicks/feed. I came to a conclusion...we are ahead of the game, so lets flaunt it. Here are my numbers:

I told her to post this on Facebook:

Check out the deal we found!!! These are the actual prices we paid for the following:

Asparagus---6 lbs---FREE!!! Seasonal
Snowpeas---5 lbs---$1.29
Sugar Snap Peas---8 lbs---$1.29
Beets---22 lbs---$1.49
Turnips---25 lbs---$1.29
Onions---20 lbs---$3.49
Carrots---30 lbs---$3.86
Green Beans---160 lbs---$3.60
Potatoes---225 lbs---$11.00
Sweet corn---250 ears---$4.00
Tomatoes---100 lbs---$2.60
Broccoli---35 heads---$0.89
Collard greens---20 lbs---$0.49
Jalepenos---10 lbs---$0.25
Poblanos---10 lbs---$0.25
Red Bell peppers---10 lbs---$0.25
Marconi stuffing peppers---10 lbs---$0.25
Cabbage---115 lbs---$0.20
Roma tomatoes---50 lbs---$0.15
Farm Fresh eggs---365 Dozen (delivered fresh daily to our home @ one dozen a day)---$138.70/year---$0.38/dozen!!!
Farm Fresh chicken---130 lbs whole and fryers---$0.89/lb---115.70

Well keep 52 dozen eggs and sell 313 dozen for $1.50/dozen = $469.50

$469.50 (profit from eggs) - $291.04 (cost of the vegetables and fresh chicken) = $178.46 PROFIT!!!

We are eating for free!!!

Where did we find such a great deal???

In our own back yard.

Sure, Im fudging a little on the eggs. Well give some away. The point remains though; we profit from our garden.

And who can argue with this:

canesisters said:
And besides all that - it's just plain FUN! :rainbow-sun
That pretty much says it all.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When I first started reading your list I was thinking "man I want to know where they are shopping" I thought the price was the per pound price you were saving the store price, I had to go back and reread to figure out it was the seed prices. lol

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I say unfriend, life's to short to put up with folks who want to drag you down. I've had to unfriend a few people from my FB ,I feel no remorse what so ever, even when they ask me why and I tell them...:)

Latest posts