It was like spring today

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunny day today and when I came home tonight, I could hear spring peepers down in the holler. :th I'd say that was the earliest we've ever heard the peepers here in 40 yrs.

Supposed to snow again this week, so winter is still fighting spring for its natural cycle. The peach trees are showing some awfully fuzzy looking buds... :confused:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My first day back to work today. Blue sky and sunshine! But chilly! Kid#1 came down to help and we had a great time working together. I don't think I have ever started spring cleanups in February.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
65* today - windows open here at work. Rain off and on all day is making it really humid. SCARY storms this afternoon. We are in the center of the "Possible Tornado Warning" zone...

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same here...really beautiful, awesomely powerful skies today. Got the first sunburn of the season on this sunny/cloudy day..and it's really red, not just a little pink. Spring peepers last night and a sunburn today? I declare it officially spring, no matter how much it snows tomorrow.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a commercial weather site I came across. Actually, I've noticed it before, just thought it was accuweather, or ... that's about it, other than the weather channel, now that it owns weather underground. Maybe I would know of others - if I got out more ;).

It's "custom weather." I see it when I visit timeanddate, which is only, nowandthen. I guess some ag sites use it, but, l don't know ...

Anywho :), they predicted last week that we would hit 60°f on the first few days of March. I got excited. NOAA doesn't like to get out so far with such things, above and below normal, are the terms our federal weather people like to use, for the far out forecast. We caught up to NOAA's comfort zone and they say that it ain't gonna happen, just yet ...

But, custom weather made me look :). October was a very warm month but it cooled off during the final few days. It's been a fairly warm winter since (with normal snowfall - yay!) But, it's been since those last few October days since we've seen 60°.

No robins seen here, yet. Although I met a lady named Robin, this week. I shared with her that my uncle was named Robin ... I think that there has been a feathered robin in the neighborhood all winter but I only saw him at a far distance a couple of times.

There is a 60° prediction at about the 14th day by Custom Weather (I'll use capitals, make them seem more legitimate). It's been such a long time ...

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
local news posted a couple days ago what we've had so far for snow totals and we are about 1/2 the normal totals for this area. we average about 44" of snow a year, this year so far at 24". last year we were around 84"!. i think this year makes it even for all the crud we had to shovel/plow/push last year.

today was a pleasant 65* when i went to make my 1st car payment in 5 years at the bank. got woken up early this morning when we had a massive thunder storm since it was so humid overnight. now everything is going to cool off for the weekend again.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Personally, I'm loving the crazy variety. Winter one day - spring the next - frost in the morning, followed by Summer T-storms in the afternoon.... At least I haven't had to clean out my closet - I'm still wearing EVERYTHING.

Latest posts