It was like spring today

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree!!!! I LOVE this time of year. The skies are so dramatic and beautiful to watch, ever changing and wild. The wind scours the land, cleaning the trees of any deadwood left over after winter....leaves a big chore, but also gives us kindling wood to store for next year's winter.

I too have several pieces of clothing on rotation right now...long sleeves, short sleeves, boots and shoes. It's always hilarious at this time of year. :D I'll take this rather than stinkin' hot, humid weather any old day. :weee It's a little sloppy out there from all the rain and snow and folks are griping, but the same folks who complain about all of that will also be complaining when they don't get enough rain this summer, so I just ignore all that. Spring is here!!!! :weee

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was raking out my flower beds around the house yesterday afternoon, and moved the snow shovels that were leaning up by the front door in the bed. There are tulips up about 5" there! Across the sidewalk the tulips are just emerging. It must have been a little micro climate between the shovels and the house.

I also noticed something weird that just might be my imagination. I was collecting the apple tree prunings and noticed that on a few of them the buds were swelling. Not showing color yet, but definitely getting there. I would swear that the trees were fully dormant when I pruned... do you think the small branches had energy enough to
start pushing buds like that? I would think it would all be from the roots early on, but apparently I don't really know. :confused:

Latest posts