It's a Great Big World

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Kolomenskoye - a Moscow park. This museum - reserve, the former royal residence. The first mention in the annals - in 1336. Museum is located on the banks of the Moscow River. Here you can walk, visit a museum or often folk festival. Church works as a church.
3c1kkSk_aXo.jpg

20120118_kolomenskoe_30.jpg

qdhZ1hH4Gi4.jpg

0_8d50c_6e0bbbc0_XL.jpg

2015_12_08_112539.png

foto kolomenskoe 4.jpg

However, this is one of the mystical places in Moscow.
This ravine Veles, ancient Slavic god. It retained its name from pagan times. Here you can see two ancient stone - male and female. People come to them for many centuries. There is an underground water source and many people come for this water. This shows that paganism has strong roots.

PICT9670.jpg

Golosov-ovrag-05.jpg

ATT00387.jpg

145127.jpg

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Men come to the male stone. This horse - stone. It brings health for men and fulfills the desire.

muzej_-_zapovednik_v_kolomenskommuzhskoj_kamen.jpg

14.jpg

Women come to the female stone. This stone strengthens women's health, treats infertility and fulfills the wish. People bring gifts here and knotted ribbons.

10.jpg

golosov5.jpg

People come here from all over Russia. In this place satisfied expedition Japanese and Chinese. They believe that the stone is connected with the cosmos. Female stone reminds them form a turtle. They make sure that each piece of stone with the right interaction of a certain part of the body treats this or that body.

It is a mystical place, which quickly discharged mobile phones. It is assumed here that there is portal in another time. There are many historical documents about the disappearance of people and the emergence of "strange people".

In 1621, near the ravine suddenly appeared horse detachment of Tatars. Surprisingly - because the Tatars were not here since 1571, after the victory of Russian troops. The detachment was captured. The king ordered a questioning. Frightened Tatars admitted that they hid in a ravine. But there was a thick green mist. They just came out of the fog and were shocked that there have passed 50 years.

In 1810, two peasants were returning late at night from the village to the village of Djakovo to home to the village Sadovniki. They walked across a ravine Veles. Suddenly they saw a thick fog. they went through the mist. When they came home, they learned everything with great difficulty. They were missing for 21 years.
So here you have to be careful. :)

that all phenomena and events exist only in the present moment.

Perhaps this is true?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rip descended from the Dutch colonists who had fallen under control of the British Empire in the mid-1600's. Like those Tatars, he missed an important historical event! New York was not just beyond the control of the Netherlands, it had gained independence from the British. He had slept through the whole thing!

A book was written about some of my earliest European ancestors in what became the United States. The founding father was supposedly Dutch or, at least, he supposedly had a Dutch name. I am using the word "supposedly" too often but historical distance of the commoners who migrated to the Americas clouds our landscape ;).

The family founder showed up in a colony populated by the British, not the Dutch and after the time when the Dutch colony of New Netherlands had become New York. Was this guy a Rip Van Winkle who had wandered off from a Hudson Valley town to the Chesapeake Bay? (To avoid the chores on his wife's to-do list ;)?)

Loyalty to the British king got Rip in trouble after 1776 but could it have gained him admission into the British colony of Virginia in 1690? We lose track of the generations in more distant times while individual stories are like autumn leaves blowing about through the centuries.

And, who writes up these myths about ethnic minorities? And, whose native sons and daughters are we, anyway ;)?

wrinkled digitS'

Last edited:

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have a story that takes place not to far from me. Rip Van Winkle he was in the Catskills got drunk slept for 20 years.

Yes, I read. In general, every ethnic group has a similar history.

whose native sons and daughters are we, anyway

Even if we do not know our ancestors, they still wake up in us. Sometimes grandmother wakes up in me, and sometimes great-grandmother or other ancestors. Well, if by turns it is good .
The inner voice - it's polite name. For example, sometimes I pick up the crumbs of bread on the table to throw away. And just remember that my grandmother said: "Never dispose of bread It's a sin!" And I dutifully collect crumbs of bread to put in a bird feeder.
Sometimes, under certain circumstances, the sister of my grandfather wakes me. And then I'm out of a calm and quiet woman turn into a bulldozer. Although I must admit that sometimes it helps in life. :D

However, Steve, I too would like to know the genus of history in ancient times. I know what they did in the 18th century. And before that - too fragmentary stories. They tell stories about the girls of our family at the time of the Tatar - Mongol yoke (about 14th century). Family tradition in the female line says that the young Khan loved beautiful girl . But she did not want to marry him. But he had the power, and she was forced.

In memory of that long-ago event, many women in the family have a hint of the Asian section of the eye.

Basically, all they engaged in agriculture. One of my great-grandfathers worked as a cabman (carriage with a horse) in Moscow.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Men come to the male stone. This horse - stone. It brings health for men and fulfills the desire.

View attachment 18509
View attachment 18510

Women come to the female stone. This stone strengthens women's health, treats infertility and fulfills the wish. People bring gifts here and knotted ribbons.

View attachment 18511
View attachment 18512

People come here from all over Russia. In this place satisfied expedition Japanese and Chinese. They believe that the stone is connected with the cosmos. Female stone reminds them form a turtle. They make sure that each piece of stone with the right interaction of a certain part of the body treats this or that body.

It is a mystical place, which quickly discharged mobile phones. It is assumed here that there is portal in another time. There are many historical documents about the disappearance of people and the emergence of "strange people".

In 1621, near the ravine suddenly appeared horse detachment of Tatars. Surprisingly - because the Tatars were not here since 1571, after the victory of Russian troops. The detachment was captured. The king ordered a questioning. Frightened Tatars admitted that they hid in a ravine. But there was a thick green mist. They just came out of the fog and were shocked that there have passed 50 years.

In 1810, two peasants were returning late at night from the village to the village of Djakovo to home to the village Sadovniki. They walked across a ravine Veles. Suddenly they saw a thick fog. they went through the mist. When they came home, they learned everything with great difficulty. They were missing for 21 years.
So here you have to be careful. :)

Perhaps this is true?
I guess I missed these! How beautiful.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love the pictures and stories you post. The old customs from long ago come forward to the present. You tell it so well.

Latest posts