It's almost finished!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kassaundra, you could make those and sell them fast as they are made!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Kassaundra, you could make those and sell them fast as they are made!
From what I've seen at least in my area it is very difficult to get the cost of the supplies let alone, the time you have put in and skill out of selling hand crafted items like this.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can you post a bigger pict of one of the quilt squares? I'd love to see the material patterns - on my computer they almost look crocheted too.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:
Your quilt . . . . Is it grandmothers garden?
It is supposed to be blocks of garden flowers that are fused and ironed on, but I'm sewing all the applique work instead. I think it gives the quilt more dimension.

No way anyone could make money selling afghans, blankets, or quilts unless everything was done on a machine. Not that anyone (other than my Gypsy) would want my quilts, I already have more money and time in the project than anyone would want to pay. My talented BFF does needle work. She sent a piece to a statewide show with a price tag of $2,500. At that price she figured she would have made about 5 cents an hour on the piece after materials and framing were deducted.

Beautiful as it was -- and I keep hinting that it would look great on my wall -- it came back after the showing, well-liked but too expensive.

Kasandra, I really like what you've done. I suspect I would do better (ie. be happier with the end result) crocheting or knitting a project than the quilting I'm trying now.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
canesisters said:
Can you post a bigger pict of one of the quilt squares? I'd love to see the material patterns - on my computer they almost look crocheted too.
Sure it may take a minute to find the file the pic is in. The quilt squares are what I call kalideoscope, I thought I invented it until I saw someone w/ a book called stack and whack. I usually piece them, but this fabric was quite thick and the center to thick w/ layers, so I decided to machine applique them instead. I'll look for the pic

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Smart Red said:
Kassaundra said:
Your quilt . . . . Is it grandmothers garden?
It is supposed to be blocks of garden flowers that are fused and ironed on, but I'm sewing all the applique work instead. I think it gives the quilt more dimension.

No way anyone could make money selling afghans, blankets, or quilts unless everything was done on a machine. Not that anyone (other than my Gypsy) would want my quilts, I already have more money and time in the project than anyone would want to pay. My talented BFF does needle work. She sent a piece to a statewide show with a price tag of $2,500. At that price she figured she would have made about 5 cents an hour on the piece after materials and framing were deducted.

Beautiful as it was -- and I keep hinting that it would look great on my wall -- it came back after the showing, well-liked but too expensive.

Kasandra, I really like what you've done. I suspect I would do better (ie. be happier with the end result) crocheting or knitting a project than the quilting I'm trying now.
I just love this fusion of quilting and crocheting. I like to piece more then quilt, so quilting w/ the yarn in bigger less tedious ways is perfect for my attention span to hand work! lol Having the fabric back stabilizes the crocheted work so it keeps it's shape. No wasted money on innards you will never see (batting). The sewing and quilting is done as you go so no big frames or big machines to worry about.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
canesisters said:
Just went to my FB album and sent them to the computer so I didn't have to search all my picture files, so much easier. lol

7236_blocks.jpg

7236_blocks1.jpg

Latest posts