It's so ADORABLE!!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a kid my pony would occasionally break into the garden and bust a watermelon with her hoof and eat it. Watermelon makes a slobbery mess in the mouth of a horse! (Cute tho')
So keep an eye out for roving watermelon bustin' ponies ;) !

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HA!! Um... I don't think that's possible... we live in a cul de sac off of a busy country road. There ARE horses close... but... not that close! :p

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
2011-06-24195200.jpg

SOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I finally found one on my watermelon 'mess' yesterday. Those vines are so tangled it took 20 minutes to untangle the cantaloupe from the watermelon so I could tie the vines up the trellis. I planted 5 watermelons in a 4x8 bed they are sharing with 6 cantaloupe on a trellis. Problem is 3 watermelons are small crimson sweets, and 2 are orangeglo which can get up to 25 lbs each! What a tangled web I wove! :lol:

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:lol: :lol:

I have NO idea what kind these are. It just said "watermelon" on the little manila envelope they were in. I spotted a few more this morning when I went out to check things out!! Monks pumpkins should have flowers within the next day or two as well! He's super excited about that... LOL

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just wait till you bite into them. Watermelon out of the garden is right up there with the best flavors of summer including but not limited to strawberries and tomatoes out of your garden. Glad to hear they're doing so well.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Didn't I warn you that they won't grow any faster, if you keep peering at it???? You are too cute! I hope that is the most delicious watermelon in the world!:lol:

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:lol: :lol:

You sure did Lesa!! Usually when I check them multiple times a day I'm checking for more... but... I have noticed a size difference!! That's actually a different one than the very first picture... LOL

I checked it this morning and it's the size of the first part of my thumb!! It's growing really fast! :celebrate

Latest posts