Jen's old and new Dutch garden 2019

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Did another 2 trees, still another 8 to go! I had hoped that the ice was strong enough to stand on, but it wasn't even close! It was a tough job, I'm feeling my back and muscles!
My farmer friend stopped by as I was finishing up to talk about the hay. And also told me he was getting a price for the cutting down of 7 big poplar trees next to his machine barn. He didn't care for the wood, and I asked him for the wood chips. He's gonna let them bring those to my mom's house :celebrate
That is if the price is right for him!
Those trees need to come down because he's afraid they might fall on his barn during a storm.
20190125_144039.jpg
20190125_150322.jpg

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! What beautiful scenery! I wish I lived somewhere with that much space!

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No garden work but preparations for the new house and I've done some fixing in the bathroom. Our house is put up for sale, exiting times!
Today I started to build a small work bench. I'm making a copy of the one my father build probably 40-ish years ago. He's already been gone for 25 years now. I think he would love it! I'm not nearly as handy as he was but I'm alright. This new bench will come in very handy for all the diy jobs that are starting in April.
Here's were I got to this afternoon, had to quit at 6 because my friends came over to jam with the band. Gonna play a reunion show at a party of friends of us. Picked up the bass after 6 years ... man that was heavy on the shoulders!

20190202_181250.jpg

The one my dad made:
20190202_181301.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like your benches. It's nice to use something our loved ones have also used. It keeps them fresh in our memories.

I have an old, old ladder that was dad's. It is dripped and splattered with paint, and has painty fingerprints on it.
I love it and use it.

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That bench saw a lot of action, I think it has been used by all my siblings in new houses. I started out to become a carpenter after primary school, but discovered that learning came easy to me when I was doing what I liked and went on to make building plans as a craftsman using cad programs. Glad I switched to Revit in 2014, working in 3D is a big improvement from 2D. I was still doing the rare woodworking job, mostly making cabinets. It was a long time ago since my last woodworking project, and doing it I found just how much I missed it. I'm building it from scrap wood that my mom was gonna burn in the fire place.

Latest posts