Jen's old and new Dutch garden 2019

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Been busy yesterday with old hay for the garden. My plan was to bring it to the new garden to mulch and suffocate the grass. The trailer I borrowed was quite small so I had a change of plan. Next time I need a bigger one to make it worth the 2x 50 minute drive.
It took me 5 trips to get the whole bale to the garden, and used it to deep mulch the raised beds and the poles for the beans, and a part where I want to grow the potatoes.
Also did a trip to my old boss who's a carpenter and got a load of big bags with sawdust to use for the paths.
20190223_113323.jpg

20190223_113308.jpg

Boy did that spoiled hay smell bad! Sweet, sour, just plain nasty! Mom was not happy about the smell I brought in the house with me...
20190223_164008.jpg

20190223_163834.jpg

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very productive day Jen. You got a lot done!
Yes, sounds like a bigger trailer would have been very helpful...that was a lot of trips.

I'm envying your early spring. Looking at that sunny garden makes me twitch, haha.

Kapucijners = broccoli?

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was a very short trip, maybe 2 minutes from the farm to mom's house. Already have a lead on a bigger trailer for next time! This bale was 4 years old and they are not getting any better ;)
Just have to do it before April because we are getting the key on the 1st. Also we're getting antsy about the old house. We have to sell back to a housing estate for market worth, but their 1st bid was 30k lower than our own evaluation. Bunch of criminals :rant:somad:tongue
So this week we're clearing/cleaning the house for a 3rd taxation which is a pain as we'd had started putting stuff in boxes already .:barnie:he
The weather has been really nice these past weeks, spring is way earlier than other years.
Kapucijners are a kind of purple podded pea, Capuchin in English, I was too tired to look it up. o_O
I might have overdone it, feeling feverish now...:sick

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
??? Just curious what that means?
We have to sell back to a housing estate for market worth, but their 1st bid was 30k lower than our own evaluation.
This package was called something like social buying. I think they're not allowed to sell this way anymore. If you'd sell within the first 5 years you would share profit or loss with the estate. You always have sellback garanty. Once you say you want to sell, you have 3 months to get out. We bought our new house in December and are moving somewhere in April. Which means we will return the keys 1st of May. For our mortgage we needed an estimate on our old house, otherwise I'm not sure we would have done it as we thought it was even less worth than their bid. The housing market here is gone berzerk!
So today a new taxation, then this guy will make an estiment and has a meeting with the other 2 guys. 3rd man is the judge...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
so it isn't really a taxation, but an estimate of value (which we would call an appraisal or taxable value assessment) type process?

Latest posts