Jen's old and new Dutch garden 2019

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Planted the early potatoes: Casa Blanca, Bergerac, Blue de la Manche, Alouette & Carolus. Repotted most of the tomatoes. Planted the capuchin peas outside. Made way to many sticks to write the plant name on. Still need to whittle them, a smooth surface on one side and pointy on the other end. Put 3 wheelbarrows woodchips on paths.
20190324_115456.jpg
20190324_140308.jpg

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you! For longer sticks I use the froe too. And normally I use my carpenter axe, but I didn't have it with me. I use a waterproof marker from Staedtler (permanent) the writing at least a season.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, Judy's Greenhouse. :)
That's where I saw them too and it convinced me to give them a try. They are very effective.

Yes, that is where I saw them and I asked for Walls of Water for a Mother's Day present, but never used them. :hide They will get used this year.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
how about putting a number on the stick instead of the name? then write down the list on paper inside... that way you don't need that much smooth surface to write on (or perhaps none at all).

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For me that would not work, I'd forget to bring the list and still don't know what is what. I do have a drawing of the garden where I write on where I planted which variety just in case a marker gets lost. And most of all I like carving and making the markers, it's a great evening job.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
For me that would not work, I'd forget to bring the list and still don't know what is what. I do have a drawing of the garden where I write on where I planted which variety just in case a marker gets lost. And most of all I like carving and making the markers, it's a great evening job.

makes sense to me! :)

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So I have been super busy with the new house, it's become a bigger renovation than we had anticipated. I took 3 weeks off from work, instead of the 2 weeks I planned. Next Saturday we'll be moving all the big stuff, don't know if we'll sleeping there than.
The plasters are coming this Tuesday for the bedrooms and the living room ceiling.
I'm glad we have started building up after almost 2 weeks of demolishing old stuff and prep work.
Spend too much time on plumper work, because all the plumpers are too busy to fix my radiator pipes. :rainbowflower
And it's still not done :barnie

This week I had 2 whole hours to kill waiting for the poured floor to dry, so I've sown, carrots, peas and broad beans.
Today I even planted 2 hazelnut trees!! I wanted them for so long!

So proud of my boy!
20190410_095730.jpg

New wall almost done, just one extra layer of plaster board ...
20190414_115510.jpg

And we got fish in the backyard! Until we get rid of the pond...
20190407_105256.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The trouble with remodeling is that it's never just straightforward.
It seems as though when you begin dealing with one issue, 3 more pop up that you didn't know about.
But it sounds like you're making great headway.

It must be my advanced age, but it sure looks like construction guys are getting younger all the time! ;)

Latest posts