Joy in the Little Things

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today Sentry stayed with Sheba, out in the field, guarding the sheep. They barked the alarm, ran towards danger (a 4-wheeler) and the sheep bolted and ran for the night lot. Sentry is in the house tonight and may be able to go back to work in a few days. It was so nice to see him doing what he loves.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Having my first coffee and working in this corner (Most of flowering plants are propagated or divided in spring) - to tidy the plants up and feed them with diluted enzyme water.
1667204388541.png

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
YES, Lunar Eclipse on Election Day MORNING. For me, I don't get the entire eclipse, just the eclipse at moonset, 4:15 AM CST, which will Feel like 5:15, since we change clocks Saturday night.
@digitS' , you can see the whole thing.
DD and I got up to view the Blood Moons a few years ago, 2 sets, one in April & one in October, 2 years in a row.
Locals who were driving to work got to see one of Blood Moons in April, 2015 bc it peaked at about 6:30AM.
"On April 15, 2014, there was a total lunar eclipse which was the first of four consecutive total eclipses in a series, known as a tetrad; the second one took place on October 8, 2014, the third on April 4, 2015, and the fourth on September 28, 2015."
Where I live the 4th one was obscured by clouds, but not in town. Somebody with an awesome camera was crowing about getting great shots of it. Bummed me out, bc I had been telling him about the other 3, and the 4th one was around 9PM.
Still, DD and I froze our little bums off to see the 1st and 3rd.
It's time consuming, but if the sky is clear AND you can see the moon through one of your windows, it is Totally worth it to get up early to watch.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i watched several youtube videos of various people making it. would try it. :)

[later edit, candy and fudge making are interests of mine - but i'm not actually making much these days because Mom is constantly baking and making things so i'm happy with what she does]
I really like the sound of your mother

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today Sentry stayed with Sheba, out in the field, guarding the sheep. They barked the alarm, ran towards danger (a 4-wheeler) and the sheep bolted and ran for the night lot. Sentry is in the house tonight and may be able to go back to work in a few days. It was so nice to see him doing what he loves.
:celebrate That is really great news 😀 👍

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good afternoon 😊

@flowerbug
I tried buying the large tapioca but was sold what they call tapioca/sago in a post somewhere in this universe I wanted tapioca :(
Sago is pleasant but I really had the urge too have the pudding my auntie used to make, she was the best ever cook and living through the last ww could make a meal out of any old scrap but now I'm going off on a tandem :oops: now where was I, oh yes my pudding....

Here's where I am at the moment. Here I have simmered this fake tapioca/ sago

@Phaedra Geiermann

Any advice from you would be most appreciated :) 😀

20221105_131109.jpg

Now I am going to add vanilla (not my home made as I haven't got there yet then I will add full cream milk . Wish me luck

Last edited: