Joy in the Little Things

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 52967
My fridge garlic has sprouted. Looks like I will be trying to plant some extra fall garlic. If it goes with a bunch of straw on top of it than good! If it doesn't than well, oh well I tried.

that's fine, it will be ok. i've had garlic that has sprouted and started growing inside containers or bags and as long as they aren't rotting they can survive. just plant them and give them a shot of water right after planting and they should get going. :)

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Splendid! I am proud of myself for propagating these MUMs.
10938.jpg

10937.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i'd look it up in my dictionary if i could find it...

just kidding, we have several dictionaries here on the shelves and i still tend to use duckduckgo to look it up as then i don't have to get up from my perch here and retrieve it. Mom has a dictionary in her room too because she's even a worse speller than i am but she has trouble often enough even knowing how to find the word from the start that she ends up asking me anyways. the word yesterday was "gown". i knew how to spell that one, but sometimes i have to look up simple words like separate because i want to spell it seperate (which is how i say it).
I can somehow deliberately not know a word when it's too inconvenient 🤪

I'll never get organised but I keep trying

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My joyful moment today was a re-purposed potting table.
View attachment 52959

It was my first potting table, and I bought it right after we bought the house. Unfortunately, it's obviously too small to support so many things I want to do on it. So, this year, I bought a much bigger stainless steel table (originally used for commercial kitchens). I wasn't sure what to do with this very small table until I found the glass dispensers I liked last month.

One is seaweed fertilizer, and the other is the homemade Eco Enzyme (or garbage enzyme). Both were diluted already and could be easily filled into any watering container (and would be further diluted again).

I always wanted to find such dispensers, but getting ones with stainless steel lids and taps is difficult. Anyway, now I found them and am satisfied with this corner.
View attachment 52960

---
Eco enzyme is a complex solution produced by fermentation of fresh kitchen waste (fruit and vegetable dregs), sugar (brown sugar, jaggery, or molasses sugar), and water.
I would love you too come here and sort out my home and garden. You are a joy to behold

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ohhh! I brought back some Jaggery from Bangalore!

i watched several youtube videos of various people making it. would try it. :)

[later edit, candy and fudge making are interests of mine - but i'm not actually making much these days because Mom is constantly baking and making things so i'm happy with what she does]

Last edited: