Joy in the Little Things

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's Carnival time here, and the neighbor on another side just sent us these traditional sweets, so yummy.

I am happy to bring joyful things to whom I love, that's really the win-win.
332101982_462818345970000_5509143303163595989_n.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I hitched up the trailer to go to northeast Texas to pick up some sheep. I had no turn signal lights. Not good when pulling a trailer. I unplugged the trailer lights, checked lights again. The truck didn’t have turn signals at all. Not good. Turn signals or no turn signals, I had to go. Brake lights was all that worked, so at least I had that.

I plugged the trailer lights back in. I finished my walk around, got out the air compressor and aired up tires. Off I went.

I said a little prayer asking for my safe return back home. I was nervous about no turn signals. I asked for Jesus to ride as my co-pilot and to bring BJ with him. The miles rolled on. Going through a town about 50 miles away, I changed lanes and absent mindedly flipped the turn signal. IT WORKED!

Turn signals worked for the whole trip, up there and back. It was after dark when I got home, so was VERY glad of that.

I had 2 great co-pilots riding with me, watching out for me, and they brought me safely back home.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today, it looks like a bad storm may be moving into the country you drove through. @baymule , I don't suppose that you made it as far west as to be on the the Chisholm Trail.

It's difficult for me to understand why my great grandparents moved to Montague in that part of the world as the trail was abandoned because more railroads were being built. They were young people and after Grandmother Pearl was born, moved again. Farm family, they must have been caught up in the idea that a railroad would be built to that important way station (didn't happen). Either that, or they were thinking that it was also a junction for traveling further west, all the way to the Pacific, if they were so inspired.

Only my grandfather and Pearl made it all the way to California, late in life. They didn't have to do it in a wagon. We were told to never mention earthquakes in her presence.

:) Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Yesterday morning I hitched up the trailer to go to northeast Texas to pick up some sheep. I had no turn signal lights. Not good when pulling a trailer. I unplugged the trailer lights, checked lights again. The truck didn’t have turn signals at all. Not good. Turn signals or no turn signals, I had to go. Brake lights was all that worked, so at least I had that.

I plugged the trailer lights back in. I finished my walk around, got out the air compressor and aired up tires. Off I went.

I said a little prayer asking for my safe return back home. I was nervous about no turn signals. I asked for Jesus to ride as my co-pilot and to bring BJ with him. The miles rolled on. Going through a town about 50 miles away, I changed lanes and absent mindedly flipped the turn signal. IT WORKED!

Turn signals worked for the whole trip, up there and back. It was after dark when I got home, so was VERY glad of that.

I had 2 great co-pilots riding with me, watching out for me, and they brought me safely back home.
The BIGGEST PET PEEVE of the horse owners I used to know and ME was the mediocre wiring in horse trailers. NO MANUFACTURERS want to leave room for the wiring. I asked my electricians about rewiring and they have looked into it before. The space to fish wiring is way too small. :mad:

Latest posts