Joy in the Little Things

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The non-stop rain is a nightmare for blossoming tulips, sigh. I started deadheading them and realized that this tulip 'exotic emperor' (well, the name sounds a bit...erotic, I will say) is so suitable for bouquet arrangement.
6836_0.jpg

The sepals offer a feeling with additional foliage.
6839.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
yes, frequent rains, fogs, frosts, dewfalls, sleet, snows, etc. is a risk of damage to tulips and the reasons why i rarely get good pictures of blooms (tried the other day and almost all blooms are damaged or marked).

at least the color is nice at a distance. :)
Today we have much less rain, so some nice shots are here.
6853_0.jpg

6852_0.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Very nice Phaedra!

My tulips all suffered last week in the heat wave. Damaged! Wiped out the daffodils.

Have to wait for the iris and day lilies. They will miss the heat that is coming soon & fair better 🤞.
I also have tons of damaged tulips, and another four rainy days are waiting. :( sigh....

I am also waiting for the daylilies! Although what I have at this moment is the most common yellow variety, most of the divided plants were transplanted earlier. Some already have flower buds.

Before daylilies, I would enjoy Lilacs and Azaleas. :D

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My latest batch of propagated/divided indoor plants! Look at them; I am so satisfied!
The Monsteras are already the grandchildren of the mother plant I bought four years ago.

The mother plant and daughter plants are doing well and sending new shoots.
6876.jpg

The rubber tree in the laundry room (next to the glass door, so the light is pretty sufficient for it) also shows new growth. I love how shiny and healthy its leaves are.
6877.jpg

Latest posts