Joy in the Little Things

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Eat with Neighbors
Season One, Ep2

I tried to add a little bit Asian touch, very gently.

Pure apple juice from an old German apple variety
Homemade Tiramisu
Veggie, ham, and egg fried rice
Fried dumpling (pork and leek)
Octopus shape sausage

View attachment 62023

I made a new batch of Tiramisu, with coffee liqueur and canned sour cherries last night. It has to stay in the fridge at least 12 hours to ensure a proper texture of the lady's finger cookies.

View attachment 62024

View attachment 62025

Mini fried dumplings, so cute
View attachment 62026
You've got some really lucky neighbors!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Phaedra , the photos of your culinary creations make me drool. Somehow I get the impression that nothing anywhere near you will ever be allowed to starve. I have a new appreciation for how that dog feels, quietly (or sometimes impatiently) watching its master eat. :lol:
5ad720e0cb606118f134de8cd3175f0e.jpg

Last edited:

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Phaedra , the photos of your culinary creations make me drool. Somehow I get the impression that nothing anywhere near you will ever be allowed to starve. I have a new appreciation for how that dog feels, quietly (or sometimes impatiently) watching its master eat. :lol:
Yes! I burst into laughter while watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine recently. In one episode of season 3, the shape-shifter, Odo, said something funny to Captain Sisko: 'You humanoids have some sort of obsession with making food.'

I've also read that this is a traditional way to express love and care. Perhaps that's why many immigrants have chosen to run food-related businesses from very early on.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The Good and The Lovely - Small Catnip Pillows for Cats

I planted catnip seeds this spring and nurtured them throughout the growing season. Now, they've transformed into small pillows filled with purely natural and safe catnip that will drive cats crazy.
13933.jpg

13934.jpg

While my sewing skills are limited, these pillows can be delightfully simple. After all, cats have a way of 'terminating' them in no time

P_20231110_225918_1.jpg

Last edited:

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today, we finished the basic structure of the second roofed chicken run. As we ran out of materials, the strengthening works can be only done on next weekend. However, the second flock can enjoy a dry and cozy living space, too.

Compared with our first roofed run, this one we can build much quicker. DH and I took care of different tasks and assisted each other when necessary. I enjoyed the time we spent together and the team work very much, and the new chicken run could be counted as a delightful byproduct? :D
13945.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
As the flowers of MUMs are edible (but not each of them are as pleasant as the specific ones for culinary or tea use), I decided to try.

They will dry in an unheated room, then I will try which is tasty and which is not. For the tasty ones, I will use them for tea, not-that-tasty ones will become materials for herbs-and-flowers pillows.
13984.jpg

Latest posts