Juicer???

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does anyone use a juicer? What do you like about it?? Or dislike?? Or wish was different??
I've just spend 2 hrs reading reviews and am now completely confused.. :(

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a Jack LaLane juicer. It is really nice. However, with a juicer, you get lots of pulp and to me, that is a lot of waste. I did a lot of juicing last year and froze the pulp for chicken popsicles. They loved them, but it still seemed wasteful. I wish I had bought something like the bullet juicer I see now on TV that blends the pulp too. That way, you get the benefit of the juice and the pulp too.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't like juicers. The pulp has a lot of the nutrients and you are better off eating the fruit instead.

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
I have a Jack LaLane juicer. It is really nice. However, with a juicer, you get lots of pulp and to me, that is a lot of waste. I did a lot of juicing last year and froze the pulp for chicken popsicles. They loved them, but it still seemed wasteful. I wish I had bought something like the bullet juicer I see now on TV that blends the pulp too. That way, you get the benefit of the juice and the pulp too.
So.. maybe one of those do-it-all-super-blenders would be better?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't used our Oster juicer in 15 years. It was really for veggie juicing and none of us developed much enthusiasm for veggie juice.

Pulp + juice? I think that is the *fruit* . . . Of course, you can't usually drink a fruit.

DD enjoys smoothies a lot. I think that's a good choice for her as she hurries off to work or to visit friends. Those are just blender drinks with yogurt & ice . . . I think. DW is a friend of the "fruit bar" companies so, we've got fruit bars in the fridge at all times for her (& me :)).

Right now, I have discouraged the tree squirrel often enuf with the sprayer on the hose so -- we've got strawberries in the fridge at all times :)! Neither fruit bars nor berries (nor my bowl of yogurt & berries :p) are especially automobile-friendly, however . . .

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
canesisters said:
I have a Jack LaLane juicer. It is really nice. However, with a juicer, you get lots of pulp and to me, that is a lot of waste.That way, you get the benefit of the juice and the pulp too.
Right! The fiber is in the pulp.

I too have a Jack LaLane juicer. I always saved the veggie pulp for soups and the fruit pulp for dehydrated "roll-ups", but I seldom use mine. Seems a lot of work. mess and clean up for little juice. AND the juice has more calories than the food it comes from because it is concentrated. I prefer eating the fruit/veggies without juicing.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red said:
canesisters said:
I have a Jack LaLane juicer. It is really nice. However, with a juicer, you get lots of pulp and to me, that is a lot of waste.That way, you get the benefit of the juice and the pulp too.
Right! The fiber is in the pulp.

I too have a Jack LaLane juicer. I always saved the veggie pulp for soups and the fruit pulp for dehydrated "roll-ups", but I seldom use mine. Seems a lot of work. mess and clean up for little juice. AND the juice has more calories than the food it comes from because it is concentrated. I prefer eating the fruit/veggies without juicing.
I stumbled across an infomercial for the nutrabullet last night.... it pegged my 'hype & fad meter'. But it reminded me that I had picked up a magicbullet at a yard sale a year or so ago. Since there are a few veggies that I just can't eat raw I think that I might try them in the bullet to see if I can come up with a 'smoothie-ish' sort of thing. What can it hurt? If I burn up the machine, well... I had forgotten it was stashed in the cabinet anyway. If it works - carrots, beets, celery, etc are back on the menu! :)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK... so I threw a little spinach, apple, plumb, carrot and coconut water in the bullet..... it was actually good. :rainbow-sun who knew?!

Latest posts