Juicer???

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm not a "veggie juice" kinda girl...and I really don't like coconut water, so I don't think I would be that into your creations so far Cane. What I do like: smoothies with yogurt and milk (i use coconut milk) and mostly fruit based. I throw all those bananas that are getting just a little too brown right in the freezer in their skins, then when I make a smoothie, just pull them out, thaw briefly under running water and pop in the blender. Also various other frozen or fresh fruits as I have available. If i'm going to do veggies, I "sneak" them in - a little spinach, a bit of something else, so it's not very much veg.

I love this simple recipe:
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 frozen banana
tablespoon peanut butter
pour in some milk till it's the right consistency

I occassionally dump in a packet of uncooked instant oatmeal - it does stay kinda "uncooked" and chewy tasting, but if I don't have time for breakfast this is more filling. I have on occasion dumped in a packet of EmergenC if I feel like I might be getting sick and want a vitamin C boost. This is also kinda weird, leaves it kinda FIZZY, but I'm not a huge fan of just drinking the EmergenC with just water either. I use both my big, burly blender (can't remember the brand, a good one) and a small smoothie maker I got free at the bank. OH, if I don't have any frozen fruit to put in my smoothie, only fresh, I do put ice cubes in, because I like it really chilled.

This is pretty different than what you have been doing, but might give you some ideas that would help you sneak in a beet, or carrots or something.

chrissum

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I use the Nutra bullet and love it. I use kale or spinach as my base, add fruit, skim milk, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 scoop
vanilla protein powder (sweetens it up) and drink this while at work. works really well for me and what I am doing
health wise!

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have a Champion which is probably the best juicer of all juicers. It's big and heavy. It's like one of those Kitchenaid mixers where you have to dedicate a corner of your counter to it. But you'll get a lifetime of performance out of it. Easy to clean and built like a tank. It takes all the juice and nutrients out of carrots, celery, tomatoes, etc and leaves a dry mass of pulp behind that the chickens love. We go through a 25 pound bag of carrots in a couple of weeks or so. We've had this thing almost 8 years now and it works as well today as it did when we first got it. I remember buying it off eBay new in the box for around $150.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a cheap juicer. Works, easy but I don't like clean-up. So I use it while canning juices (tomato/vegetable mixes). If I was making smoothies, I'd use blender. Don't want cleanup for that either.....si I don't do that either. So all in all, I'm of no help. :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have a Champion which is probably the best juicer of all juicers. It's big and heavy. It's like one of those Kitchenaid mixers where you have to dedicate a corner of your counter to it. But you'll get a lifetime of performance out of it. Easy to clean and built like a tank. It takes all the juice and nutrients out of carrots, celery, tomatoes, etc and leaves a dry mass of pulp behind that the chickens love. We go through a 25 pound bag of carrots in a couple of weeks or so. We've had this thing almost 8 years now and it works as well today as it did when we first got it. I remember buying it off eBay new in the box for around $150.

Hi, Jim. Good to see you again!

Latest posts