Juicer???

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What was the texture like? A slushy? Did the bullet really blend it to liquid? Thinking about getting rid of the Jack LaLane juicer and getting a nutrabullet.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just got a text from a friend of mine who makes smoothies in a Ninja blender. The text was a picture of her 4 year old foster son with a big smoothie mustache on top of his big grin.

This is what she puts in hers: Spinach, kale, beets, beet greens, cucumbers, black cherries, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, banana, ginger, cinnamon, Greek yogurt and flaxseed.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay - it was thick but not chunky. Not completely liquid, but no 'chewable' bits either. I suppose if I had run it a little longer it might have gotten a little smoother but I didn't want to kill it on the first try.
I was trying to decide between a juicer and one of the super-blenders when I started this post. I had read a ton of reviews - mostly focusing on the bad ones - and it seemed that there were some quality and long use issues with everything I looked at.

Thistle - I'm going to try a little beet in the next one. Beets, like carrots, are something I'v neer been able to eat raw. :sick I wish I could put a ton of things in but the bullet only has drinking cup size containers. I started off with the smoothie blade but it didn't seem to make it very smooth. So I switched to the grinder blade and that seemed to do a better job.
It's cool that her little one is already getting a love for veggies!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife uses her good old Oster blender that she got as a weding present 44 years ago for everything. She blended a blueberry / ice cream smoothy last night. I even use it to blend all types of seed for the baby cage birds and ice cubes to add to drinks. Works just great with all original parts, even today, for all these years . :ya

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
From canaries, to zebra finches, societies, Lady Gould, parakeets, cockateels, etc. I despersed them a couple years ago for our move to PNW. :caf

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
breakfast today:
spinach, apple, carrot, beet, coconut water

(tiny, dark phone-camera picts...)
8721_applespinachcarrotbeetcoconutwater.jpg

8721_spinachapplecarrotbeetcoconutwater.jpg

Need to add some spice or something.. a little bland - could use some 'heat'.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like your little blender does a good job of liquifying all those veggies Cane. You could add a bit of cayenne to give it some kick and benefit your circulation too! Or ginger,.... or cinnamon....or all three! Whoo! Better than caffeine to get you awake. :D

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
:(

skipped the apple and tossed in some raisins ... added celery, cinnamon, dash of salt...

:sick

Been sipping for 1/2 hr - can't drink this. Just nasty.
Thinking I might need to look up some 'recipies' instead of just tossing in things...
:caf

Latest posts