Kids Garden Class 2016

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You do realize by being nice, it's taking away the fun of poking the bear? Heat must be wearing on you....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You do realize by being nice, it's taking away the fun of poking the bear? Heat must be wearing on you....

OK, here goes, but remember you asked for it..

TEXAS is a great place to live. The people are friendly, hospitable and have good manners. TEXAS people are quick to help others, asking nothing in return. TEXAS is a beautiful state with 5 climate zones. HOT, HOTTER, HOTTER THAN HOT, HOTTEST, and BURNING IN HELL HOT. Mark July and August off the calendar and it would be right nice the rest of the year. :lol: While you are stuck in the house buried under 2,000 feet of snow and ice, us TEXANS go about our daily lives, unencumbered by dealing with ice and snow. We plant winter gardens and have fresh vegetables ALL year long! :plbb We plant in early spring for delicious vegetables and sit down to supper, eating the rewards of living in TEXAS while you can have another heaping helping of SNOW! :gig

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay I think most of us have a opinion of Texas from Elizabeth Taylor's movie Giant. Huge hot and oil wells . ( I cried when Rock Hudson wanted to shoot her horse for killing his sister) I was 5

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I never saw Giant, so my opinion of Texas is untainted by Hollywood.

It probably wasn't best to have to participate in a July wedding in Dallas. And we drove across 6 thousand miles of desert to get there.
The fact that I had to wear a goofy dress that was expensive and made out of something that reminded me of drapery material and would never ever be worn again is not Texas' fault.

But that doesn't keep me from holding a grudge. :lol:

And who exactly is stuck in the house because of snow? Not me!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle whole movie is free on youtube a classic.

Yeah, I was being a smarty pants.

I wish I could watch movies on my computer, but our data plan won't support it. As it is we run out and get kicked back to dial up speed for about the last week of the month.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay I think most of us have a opinion of Texas from Elizabeth Taylor's movie Giant. Huge hot and oil wells . ( I cried when Rock Hudson wanted to shoot her horse for killing his sister) I was 5

And the world thinks we all own oil wells, wear cowboy hats and boots and ride our horse to work. Thanks Hollywood! :lol:

Yeah, I was being a smarty pants.

I wish I could watch movies on my computer, but our data plan won't support it. As it is we run out and get kicked back to dial up speed for about the last week of the month.

Ahhh...... the joys of living out of reach of internet amenities..... I sure understand where you are coming from! ;)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes. To all southerners, starting in September till May, we are buried with 6-10' of snow and ice. We have to shovel almost every day to get out. It's beyond terrible. So please stay south....although we welcome your tourist money when not fighting blizzards.

We are Greenland and not like Iceland.

Latest posts