let the seed-holic's meeting begin

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
No matter how I try I can not make a good cut flower arrangement. It always comes out like flowers where shoved in vase. My oldest friend is very talented, he worked at super upscale florist, tried many times to teach me and failed.

Mine are just casual arrangements, nothing formal. So basically I'm just shoving them in a vase with a little attention to height and balance.

@catjac1975 , you would cry if you had deer like the ones where I work. They eat the daylilies, not just the blooms, but they even graze the foliage down. Daylilies used to be on the "pretty safe" list.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gave up on tulips they didn't have a chance with the deer.
Ditto. Had a pretty good bed of tulips when I bought my house; after years of being repeatedly mowed to the ground, they are all gone. That bed is mostly grape hyacinth, daffodils, and garlic now, none of which seem to be on the deer's menu. The hosta on the north wall gets mowed too, but still manages to come up every year.

Hosta is a good plant for seedaholics... eventually you have given divisions to everyone you know.:D

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I got out my seed buckets. I spread them out on the table and the bar and determined that I did, indeed, NEED MORE SEEDS!! So I made an order from Baker Creek and Bountiful Garden. I also found where I could buy a case of 1,000 of those Jiffy peat pellets size 42mm, that expand when you add water. So I ordered them.

http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/product/jiffy-7-peat-pellets/soil-mediums

Latest posts