Lickbranchfarm's 2018 Garden thread

Your barn and coop beginnings are looking good. I'm sure most of the credit goes to your on-site advisor.
;)

Those are special times you and your grandson are having. Being together is time well invested.:)

Yep, I think so. I try to spend as much time with him as I can. My son and I do a lot with him, My daughter said if he grows up hanging out with you guys he will be tough as a lighter knot LOL. He's at the age now were he is real impressionable, my daughter says yall even sit just alike, But he is good help, eager to learn and very smart for just under 3 years old. I did my son this way, took him everywhere, had him hooked to my belt loop and he turned out great.
IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

Managed to get all my peppers in the ground, Bell, banana, and jalapeno. I started with 6" plants, and planted them deep. Also sowed 2 rows of Kale. took a pic of the Asparagus bed, its really coming on good now. I got the corn field disc for the final time, calling for rain today, but sometime this week I will get the white corn, yellow corn, and Okra in the ground.
IMG_0355.JPG

Kale
IMG_0356.JPG

Bell, banana, and Jalapeno peppers.
IMG_0357.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

White corn field
IMG_0359.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fishing with My grandpa was also special. He had a cabin cruiser on Barneqat Bay near Toms River, NJ at their summer home. I learned how to fish and clam and crab with Grandpa. At 63, I can remember every single detail of our visits back east to them. LOVE!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything that went In the ground 2 weeks ago got bit hard with the last frost we got. So I took the tiller to it, and I'll direct sow the Kale In the garden this go around. My tomatoes and peppers are ready to go in, I need to let them harden off another couple days. Going to start my cucumbers and Zucchini this week, plus get both yellow and white corn planted along with my Okra. hopefully before the end of the month, everything will be In the ground, including my purple hull peas and Blue lake bush beans.

On a different note....My concrete for my new 30'x30' barn got poured on Wednesday, guy said they should have the barn up in 2 weeks.

Me and my partner in crime got some work done on the chicken coop, he's ready to feed the chickens and the rabbits Lol. He's good help, pays attention, and loves a drill.

View attachment 25514 View attachment 25515
View attachment 25516
View attachment 25517
View attachment 25518
View attachment 25519
View attachment 25520
View attachment 25521
Beautiful-a new barn-what fun.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Managed to get all my peppers in the ground, Bell, banana, and jalapeno. I started with 6" plants, and planted them deep. Also sowed 2 rows of Kale. took a pic of the Asparagus bed, its really coming on good now. I got the corn field disc for the final time, calling for rain today, but sometime this week I will get the white corn, yellow corn, and Okra in the ground.
View attachment 25544
Kale
View attachment 25545
Bell, banana, and Jalapeno peppers.
View attachment 25546
View attachment 25547
White corn field
View attachment 25548

Those rows are so straight and precise!
Looks like you snapped a line and used a straight edge.
I'm taking notes...mine usually look like they were formed by a tipsy monkey wearing a blindfold.

Those rows are so straight and precise!
Looks like you snapped a line and used a straight edge.
I'm taking notes...mine usually look like they were formed by a tipsy monkey wearing a blindfold.

Its a complex Lol, I will work on something twice as long just so its straight and level. My boy says I'm weird like that, but I like a clean garden.

Latest posts