Lickbranchfarm's 2018 Garden thread

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Lickbranchfarm hows everything doing with this heat jumping yet? the peppers are showing signs of upward growth here...

question your sprinklers whats your water source.?

@majorcatfish Everything is about to break loose, Corns doing great, Okras coming along, but it really thrives when it gets 90 plus. I spent a couple days getting my drip irrigation done on my peppers and tomatoes, I think this is going to make them jump. Beats the crap out of walking the rows with a wand Lol. Now that I know it works like it should, I need to mulch it in real good. I'm hoping to see some cucumber and Zucchini sprouts this week.
My water source comes from the county right now. Put a line in 3 years ago. I do have really good water In the creek that borders the property and one day I will have an irrigation system set up with it as the source but for now, county water will have to do.
IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks, I think it will be well worth the money invested. Took some pics yesterday of the progress, I'm ahead of the game by leaps and bounds from last year. Keeping my fingers crossed the deer don't jump on my peas just yet, They should be dropping fawns here pretty soon, then its game on. I lost a couple of pepper plants, hit them a little hard with the fertilizer, I got plenty left. Cucumbers and squash are popping up, blue lakes are coming out pretty hard. Not real impressed with the germination of the cantaloupes, I'm going to give it a few days if they don't show their heads, I may start over with that row and a different variety.

Going to work on weeding the tomatoes and peppers this week and get some mulch on them.

Yellow corn ........
IMG_0440.JPG

White corn......
IMG_0444.JPG

Purple Hulls.....
IMG_0443.JPG

Okra.......
IMG_0442.JPG

4th planting of Kale.....
IMG_0445.JPG

Bell peppers, Like you major I'm waiting on them to go vertical.....
IMG_0447.JPG

Sweet Banana peppers.....
IMG_0448.JPG

Jalapeno's....
IMG_0449.JPG

Better boys.....
IMG_0450.JPG

Brandy Wines....
IMG_0451.JPG

Latest posts