Lickbranchfarm's 2018 Garden thread

Very nice barn. It's amazing it went up in one day. What will you use it for?

Mary

I work on just about anything you can imagine. I do a lot of welding and custom aluminum fabrication, especially on Jon boats.

But for now it will be for storage, a lot of storage Lol.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice barn! Did the company that put up the barn also do the slab or did you have that done by someone else?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I work on just about anything you can imagine. I do a lot of welding and custom aluminum fabrication, especially on Jon boats.

But for now it will be for storage, a lot of storage Lol.

looks great!

make sure to get those doors sealed up completely, mice will get into everything they can and getting them back out once they get established is a royal PITA. box well anything you can so they can't get into it easily for nesting.

Nice barn! Did the company that put up the barn also do the slab or did you have that done by someone else?

They did.....Paid for the concrete up front to get on the schedule, they delivered, 4 weeks later built the barn. These guys were by far the cheapest, and fastest metal building company that I found In North Carolina. They were also the only one with a 5 star BBB rating.

Did some watering yesterday, we're suppose to get rain this evening, and every evening this week. We had 5 straight days In the upper 90's here and the garden has jumped in just a matter of days. I finally have cantaloupe sprouts, only thing I'm waiting on now is all the skips I planted last week, and my watermelons, now I'm just in maintain mode Lol. Corn has to be laid by soon or my draw bar on the tractor is going to push it over. Okra already has 4 leaves, this is usually the time it makes a run to the clouds, I've had okra get over 7' here before, that's when I take a bush hog to it, no good if I cant reach it to cut it. Zucchini is looking great, hope to get a truck load before the vine borers show up, and they will just a matter of time.

Zucchini
1.jpg
Kale...
2.jpg

White corn...
6.jpg

Yellow corn and Okra....
8.jpg

Peppers....
3.jpg

Better Boys....
4.jpg

Brandywines, and Cherokee purples In the background...
5.jpg

Blue lake beans.....
7.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is a nice garden! You can pinch the tops out of the okra, it will branch out and increase the harvest.