Lickbranchfarms 2020 Garden

Oh yea, after planting the seeds you sent me last year, I'll never plant another cantaloupe. They are super easy to grow, and I love the way you can smell the ripe ones before you get to them, also how the vine just pops off of them when they're are ready. Gave some to some friends, they couldn't believe how good they were and already asked if I was growing some this year Lol.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
there are things that you just can not talk about over the internet ,we are going to become north carolina melon tycoons!

mark my words in the next couple years the only melons you will see in any market will have a L&M label on them..
.:plbb:plbb

Limeys?

Thats weird i just checked all the tracking numbers for my 2 seed orders, The Burpee order was placed on 2-21 and shows to arrive this Saturday, the Johnny's order was placed on 2-24 and shows to arrive tomorrow. Johnny's is coming USPS and Burpee is on the big brown truck Lol.

Got up Friday morning, Me and the young farmer in training went and picked up the new chicks. 8 white leg horns, 4 Buff Orpingtons and 4 Lavender Wynadotts. Got them set up in the new brooder and as of this morning it was 20 degrees in the barn and 80 degrees in the brooder. I think they'll be just fine. Didn't do to much to the garden on Friday, cold and cloudy. Both seed orders came in at the same time both on USPS, Thought that was weird.
IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

Got up Saturday morning, had a big agenda. Me and Bob the builder went to work, literally i had to go to work and make sure the new vertical condenser project was going as planned. Everything was on schedule, the Crane contractor made my grandson foreman of the Job Lol.
IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1753.JPG

Anyway we came back home and got a lot done in the garden, I got 10 new rows layed out in the old corn field. 5 rows of different tomatoes, one row of tomatillos, 2 rows of cabbage, and 2 rows of broccoli. I also was able to get 200 lbs of lime split between the pepper garden, these 10 new rows, and the big garden. Young grasshopper was busy building his own personal garden, had to have some stobs and string to lay his rows Lol.
IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

I run the tiller through some of the big garden laying off what will be 1 row of onions, and 2 rows of red potatoes. After all that, we came in got a bite to eat, i cut up my seed potatoes and called it a day.
IMG_1773.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: