Like to Post Pix of Your Babies?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are a little leggy, Thistle' :/!

I even transplanted those tiny plants there in the middle out of their cookie box this afternoon. They now have a little more room where they aren't in so much competition. Too much seed in the box, too little sun in the sky!

The sun was out for about 30 minutes too late in the day to be of any benefit. . . . I've set up an 8' fixture in the greenhouse before but there are always too many plants to sit under it. I'll do it again if we don't start getting some breaks!

S' :coolsun

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Steve, I'm assuming you have videos posted on YouTube linked to your pics, but when I click on the photos I get directed to totally random videos. Like chatting babies, weird photo montage's of "here's looking at you", and another video that didn't seem like something you'd like to.

...can you just give a link to your YouTube channel, so we can see your babies "move"? :)

....NEVERMIND.... I see what you've linked to are all BABY themed videos .... DUH! :)
Sorry ... it's late ... I'm tired ... was expecting to see wiggly PLANT babies!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Once in awhile the furnace fan comes on, Daisy! They kind of sway in the breeze for awhile . . .

I guess I really shouldn't link to songs and silliness with the photo's. Hardly a garden theme to 'em :).

Steve

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Once in awhile the furnace fan comes on, Daisy! They kind of sway in the breeze for awhile . . .

I guess I really shouldn't link to songs and silliness with the photo's. Hardly a garden theme to 'em :).

Steve
Link away, my friend... link away. I'll just try to remember to read with a clear head. :p

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Steve, your babies are making good progress. They look great!

I am 3 weeks behind on seeding my tomatoes and peppers. Just got them done today. I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed this year, too much going on. :(

But when I think about it, my tomatoes had to wait around too long last year for the weather to allow planting them. (We had a very wet spring last year too.) So maybe I'm right on time.

Here's my other babies so far... Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and a full flat of dahlias!

IMGP1945_web.jpg

IMGP1947_web.jpg

Isn't it sad my babies have to have their flats duct taped together? :lol:

Please pardon my messy sunroom! That's fallen to the bottom of my to-do list as well. :hide

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
journey11 said:
Wow Steve, your babies are making good progress. They look great!

I am 3 weeks behind on seeding my tomatoes and peppers. Just got them done today. I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed this year, too much going on. :(

But when I think about it, my tomatoes had to wait around too long last year for the weather to allow planting them. (We had a very wet spring last year too.) So maybe I'm right on time.

Here's my other babies so far... Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and a full flat of dahlias!

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/journey11/2011 Garden Tour/IMGP1945_web.jpg

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/journey11/2011 Garden Tour/IMGP1947_web.jpg

Isn't it sad my babies have to have their flats duct taped together? :lol:

Please pardon my messy sunroom! That's fallen to the bottom of my to-do list as well. :hide
Looks better then my mess!!! I have to keep turning trays twice a day.

I'll show you 'leggy' mine are being terrible! But the first picture is of cukes/cantalope/watermelon/squash and some tomatoes mixed in.

14084_img_6621.jpg

There are ones I planted at the end of Feb. and are now in my washroom window.

14084_img_6622.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I may well need to move the earliest tomatoes to larger containers, soon. The plants might be as old as yours, V, but aren't that large.

Journey, ALL of my flats are doubled! I like to have a web flat at the bottom but, as often as they get moved around - the flats would soon fall apart without that support ;).

I still haven't seen 1 drop of sunshine today! Thankfully, it is already 56F and more than 10 warmer than that in the greenhouse - without the furnace running :).

S'

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Steve,
The tomatoes are looking good, What is the average temp. of your greenhouse? (55 to 60?)
Judging by how dark the stems are on the tomatoes I would say you are a bit cooler than vfem.

You may have seen this picture but This tomatoes was planted (as seeds) on March 6th and was breaking ground on the 12th of March so they are about 2 weeks old and 2" tall but has 3" roots. Daytime temp around 80 +or - night time temp 67 + or -
dsc0026m.jpg
[/url]

Chris

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots of roots on that little guy.

Overnight in the greenhouse, the temperature is set to stay about 60F, Chris.

I think that it has made it up to about 70 on each of the last 3 or 4 days. When the sun is shining - it'll go up to 80 before I will open vents.

Keep in mind that our warmest outdoor temperature until all this wind showed up yesterday, hadn't hit 55. So, I allow only a little of that cold air in as the temperature creeps up.

The furnace thermostat can be set on "cool" which will run the fan only and that will stir that cool outside air fairly well so it doesn't just "hit" the plants. I just open the exhaust vent rather than run the exhaust fan but did have it on for an hour or so, twice so far this season.

Gotta be gentle with the little critters . . . wish that we could just get to 65 outdoors with no wind. Of course, if that happened every day - I wouldn't need a greenhouse ;).

Steve

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Lots of roots on that little guy.

Overnight in the greenhouse, the temperature is set to stay about 60F, Chris.

I think that it has made it up to about 70 on each of the last 3 or 4 days. When the sun is shining - it'll go up to 80 before I will open vents.

Keep in mind that our warmest outdoor temperature until all this wind showed up yesterday, hadn't hit 55. So, I allow only a little of that cold air in as the temperature creeps up.

The furnace thermostat can be set on "cool" which will run the fan only and that will stir that cool outside air fairly well so it doesn't just "hit" the plants. I just open the exhaust vent rather than run the exhaust fan but did have it on for an hour or so, twice so far this season.

Gotta be gentle with the little critters . . . wish that we could just get to 65 outdoors with no wind. Of course, if that happened every day - I wouldn't need a greenhouse ;).

Steve
I thought you might be still having cool day/nights. I know here it was looking nice outside but Wednesday we got about a 1" of snow and today it shold get back up above 40 again. I myself like cool nights (65/67) for tomatoes makes for "Harder" tomatoes and a little slower growth.
I don't know if you use fertilizer or not but if you haven't yet you could hit them strength of say 20-20-20. That strength of fertilizer will give them a kick and should get them growing a little faster.

They are looking good though.

Chris

Latest posts