Living memories of Nyboy

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is a story that Alex would have loved. I know he would have regaled us with one far more foolish and hilarious to best it.

My husband came home from a math tutoring job, marching in after dark, with a strange look on his face. "I think I lost my iPad." As any old man will attest, he needed to relieve himself after leaving the home of his student. Not wanting to ask to use their bathroom, he placed is IPad on the bumper of his truck, hid in the woods and did what the needed to do. He forgot the iPad until he parked in our the driveway and reached for it on the seat and it was not there. It is an iPad with 7 lives so not that valuable. Except it is loaded with the math books he has purchased for the last 10 years for his tutoring business. With no back-up. So we grabbed some flashlights and went back to the clients house, around 20 minutes away, and retraced his steps. Didn't we find it in the dark, on the curve of the highway entrance? The leather case was ripped off but the screen was unbroken and it worked. All after being flung at 30 or more miles per hour. He was happy and relieved and we went to dinner. After dinner he just realized there was a chance that his 1 day old phone was sitting on top of the iPad and also laying in the road. So we went back and could not find the phone. Luckily he had brought it in the house on his first trip home.

Lets hear you top that one, Nyboy! I miss you every day.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is a story that Alex would have loved. I know he would have regaled us with one far more foolish and hilarious to best it.

My husband came home from a math tutoring job, marching in after dark, with a strange look on his face. "I think I lost my iPad." As any old man will attest, he needed to relieve himself after leaving the home of his student. Not wanting to ask to use their bathroom, he placed is IPad on the bumper of his truck, hid in the woods and did what the needed to do. He forgot the iPad until he parked in our the driveway and reached for it on the seat and it was not there. It is an iPad with 7 lives so not that valuable. Except it is loaded with the math books he has purchased for the last 10 years for his tutoring business. With no back-up. So we grabbed some flashlights and went back to the clients house, around 20 minutes away, and retraced his steps. Didn't we find it in the dark, on the curve of the highway entrance? The leather case was ripped off but the screen was unbroken and it worked. All after being flung at 30 or more miles per hour. He was happy and relieved and we went to dinner. After dinner he just realized there was a chance that his 1 day old phone was sitting on top of the iPad and also laying in the road. So we went back and could not find the phone. Luckily he had brought it in the house on his first trip home.

Lets hear you top that one, Nyboy! I miss you every day.

Good story Cat. That would be tough one for even Alex to top.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alex's 2, 12 year old dogs are at a rescue. My house keeper had just told me she wanted a Cavelier. I was going to put her in touch with Alex as I thought he had some pups. I just spoke to her and she is seriously considering them. A 12 year old is tough to place. Heartbreak too soon in the future. I hope she gets them. It is a good 3 hours away from us. She has been a Beagle breeder for much of her adult life and her last dog past a few years back. She is a great person for them to go to. Here's hoping.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He was far too young. Even researchers aren't completely sure how the flu kills. Mostly children and elderly.

Latest posts