Living memories of Nyboy

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alex's 2, 12 year old dogs are at a rescue. My house keeper had just told me she wanted a Cavelier. I was going to put her in touch with Alex as I thought he had some pups. I just spoke to her and she is seriously considering them. A 12 year old is tough to place. Heartbreak too soon in the future. I hope she gets them. It is a good 3 hours away from us. She has been a Beagle breeder for much of her adult life and her last dog past a few years back. She is a great person for them to go to. Here's hoping.
You have a housekeeper?:drool

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
If someone knows the breeder, message them to make sure?

He posted a link in some thread. Feather Lovers Farm I think it was. I'll look and see if I can get a phone # or email address. If I can find anything out I'll get back about it.

Edit - I contacted Feather lover Farm and let them know Alex had passed away.

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have a housekeeper?:drool
I hired her when I hurt my back. 2004 I think. She came 2 times a month or so. Once I retired we traded cleaning for daylilies. Once her yard was full of daylilies I can now only hire her for a big holiday or event cleaning. With all 3 boys in school now the house doesn't get too bad. I can garden like hell but vacuuming is the death of me. My husband does that.....after a lot of nagging or company coming.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember your daylily he gave to Martha, and was going to share that "episode" as Zeedman referred to Nyboys stories, lol.
It was Mattapoiset Moon wasn't it? A particular favorite of mine.
Yes, we all knew that you would achieve lasting fame through that gift to Martha.
Sweet memory.
I will have to pick out one of my new hybrids and name in Nyboy. I was looking for that thread. I cannot even find the notes we traded regarding the shipping of the plant. It seems perhaps the old ones have been purged? I sent him one more note today. Here it is, Mattapoisett Moon.
Mattapoisett Moon.jpg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beauty is in eye of beholder. The one from Martha I thought was hideous-I know I have no taste......so pick a hideous one in his honor.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beauty is in eye of beholder. The one from Martha I thought was hideous-I know I have no taste......so pick a hideous one in his honor.

Do you mean the orchid Martha gave Alex?

Alex bought one of Cats daylilies to give Martha when she invited him to her annual Christmas party. It's the one Cat posted above.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember the antique bench he bought on CL and had it recovered for his waiting room. Soon after that he posted a picture of his dad and dog with muddy feet on the bench lol. His dad is a classic.
I am doing a germination test on the NYer seeds to see if they sprout, I think they will. I used the fermenting method on them, they look good.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 yes you will have to name one in his honor. :love An especially FANCY one ;)
I am trying to find the early messages. I think he liked purple. I have some crazy beautiful purples. Not yet ready for splitting. Purple does not photograph that well but in person. Wow! I will select next season.

Latest posts