Living memories of Nyboy

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I mentioned in passing one time that I liked Meyer lemons. A couple of weeks later I got a big box in the mail. Inside was a one gallon pot containing a Meyer lemon.

View attachment 30002
He once sent me a gardening book that he found at a yard sale. I got it I had tears in my eyes from his thoughtfulness. And he had a list of reasons that the thought it was perfect for me. He paid attention and remembered our stories. He bought daylilies from me and never failed to write a note when they were in bloom. But the highlight of my life was when he bought a daylily for Martha Stuart as a Christmas gift. We all joined in in the fantasy of her featuring me in her magazine. Truth be told I would have died of fright if I ever met her. He even later followed up with the writer that interviewed him for the story about Alex's dog grooming, trying to put the idea out there. What a sweet and kind man.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
He once sent me a gardening book that he found at a yard sale. I got it I had tears in my eyes from his thoughtfulness. And he had a list of reasons that the thought it was perfect for me. He paid attention and remembered our stories. He bought daylilies from me and never failed to write a note when they were in bloom. But the highlight of my life was when he bought a daylily for Martha Stuart as a Christmas gift. We all joined in in the fantasy of her featuring me in her magazine. Truth be told I would have died of fright if I ever met her. He even later followed up with the writer that interviewed him for the story about Alex's dog grooming, trying to put the idea out there. What a sweet and kind man.

That would have been my memory, what do you get Martha Stewart as a Christmas present??? A lot of drama there.

He once mentioned the name of his kennel in a post so I looked it up and surprised him with some dandelion and mulberry jelly since we had been talking about jelly on here, especially Bay's recipe for dandelion. He of course sent me a book. He had been paying attention, it suited me quite well.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score

I remember your daylily he gave to Martha, and was going to share that "episode" as Zeedman referred to Nyboys stories, lol.
It was Mattapoiset Moon wasn't it? A particular favorite of mine.
Yes, we all knew that you would achieve lasting fame through that gift to Martha.
Sweet memory.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Reading each post reminds me all the more why he was so special to ALL of us. :hugs I also was recipient to several thoughtful gifts. I was planning to decorate a birdhouse with the broken pieces of his Grandmother's China for him. He never did get those sent to me. :( The house sits here undone. I may have to find some old china to use and have another remembrance of him. He is SO MISSED already. :hit
Has anyone tried to contact @Smart Red , remember he garden hats? I will try a p.m. to let her knw. If no response I do have her USPS address. I think she will like to know even if it is sad news.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
He was waiting for a new hatch. I hope they are not sent and another clutch left to die. I thought about messaging his family but did not want to add to their stress.
If someone knows the breeder, message them to make sure?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Y'all who got to correspond with him in real life....cards, presents etc.....keep those dear treasures close to your hearts. :hugs :hit

IMG_20190105_102319.jpg