Look to where your mind goes

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is one of my "go to" rest places on the farm....I call it the "Trillion Trillium" place...I always visit here when I'm looking for Morel Mushrooms......a nice place to get lost in....
7566_trillium_002.jpg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rusty, those are beautiful views! The one with the trees and white ground cover looks so peaceful. I can just imagine strolling through there. How large is your farm?

Mary

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Rusty, those are beautiful views! The one with the trees and white ground cover looks so peaceful. I can just imagine strolling through there. How large is your farm?

Mary
Thanks Mary....we have 225 acres....100 acres are wooded...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rusty has a view that can match a Monet masterpiece and can enjoy it just by stepping out on the deck!

Wow!

Linn Bee, I may once have gardened where the top soil was more than 8" deep but I didn't know it if I did. Instead, I seemed to have been the one "making bricks" instead of growing plants! We adjust to what we've got to work with and I've tried to just keep body and soul together with that . . .

I seem to be a little closer to having a home design concept for DW. She apparently likes the look of roofs :rolleyes:. I'm not going for an A-frame for love or money . . . well . . . Anyway! A modern version of a British crofter's home. Huh? Huh? I mean - it doesn't have to have a thatch roof and whitewashed stone walls.

Steve
See what DW has to put up with :rolleyes:.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
I seem to be a little closer to having a home design concept for DW. She apparently likes the look of roofs :rolleyes:. I'm not going for an A-frame for love or money . . . well . . . Anyway! A modern version of a British crofter's home.
Both of our houses were hip roofs with 2 ft. overhang. Around here that means little sun gets into the house in the summer to heat and damage while lots of sunlight reaches inside during the winter for more light and warmth. Also. . . we built this one with 6 inch outside walls. Lots more insulation and lots lower fuel costs.

Love, Smart Red

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Rusty has a view that can match a Monet masterpiece and can enjoy it just by stepping out on the deck!
My view out the garden shed is nearly as beautiful most years, but my woods are amass with the white flowers of garlic mustard rather than trillium. Thanks to a year of DHs hard work, we might be able to remedy that situation. I do hope to reintroduce native woodland flowers once the weeds are eradicated.

Rusty, both those views are fantastic! You must have the second most beautiful property to be had.

Love, Smart Red

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Smart Red said:
digitS' said:
My view out the garden shed is nearly as beautiful most years, but my woods are amass with the white flowers of garlic mustard rather than trillium. Thanks to a year of DHs hard work, we might be able to remedy that situation. I do hope to reintroduce native woodland flowers once the weeds are eradicated.

Rusty, both those views are fantastic! You must have the second most beautiful property to be had.

Love, Smart Red
Thanks Steve and Smart Red, Of course I can't forget the sheep and their wonderful pasture....it reminds me of a Disney movie.....I spend lots of time day-dreaming here too.....
7566_sheep_2011_014.jpg