Looking for Good Eazy Yams Recipe

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary... you asked for an easy , foolproof recipe, so I asked my wife for one that even a city lolk and NYboy could follow and have a :drool mouthwatering experience... canned yams, butter, and brown sugar , heat to melt - fits the bill. Easy as 1,2,3,4 . ;)

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't like my sweet potatoes covered in sugar or syrup or heaven forbid marshmallows!!! My favorite way my Gma taught me, dice s.p., onion, and sweet peppers, pan sauté them in butter until done.

Another way I like them (I also do white potatoes this way) microwave until cooked (or just slightly undercooked if you like, but it is easier if they are cooked) cut in half lengthwise, butter either both sides of the potato or the waffle iron, put in the waffle iron until sides are browned.

Your iron needs a locking clip to get them good and crunchy on the outside, the sweet potatoes won't get "crunchy" like the white potato will but the "carmalized" areas give it good flavor.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kassaundra, I do a similar sweet potato hash. But I usually will eat them this way with eggs for breakfast or as a side dish.

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bobm, I hate to tell you but city folks are smart people.

Mary
Mary, city folk may be smart in their field of expertise, but how many of them can grow crops and raise animals then harvest or butcher / prepare/ and cook their own food ? :eek:

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mary, city folk may be smart in their field of expertise, but how many of them can grow crops and raise animals then harvest or butcher / prepare/ and cook their own food ? :eek:

Raises hand..."Meee!!" :frow

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bobm, sorry that not all of us are as smart and great as you. :eek: I am NOT that smart or greater than anyone else here. But , I have learned at a very young age that to live or die when attending the school of hard knocks ( all through WW ll , then playing in the former battlefields of Europe )...always pay attention and learn then adapt. I am still learning in the school of hard knocks each day! ;)

Latest posts