Looking For Trailer Adapter Photos added

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not certain of correct names of parts so bare with me. Problem tractor and garden cart can not be hitched together. Tractor has a ball type hitch, garden cart has a pin type hitch. I used the cart a lot when it hitched to old mower. Is there some type adapter I can get, I checked tractor supply and didn't find anything. How would you hitch them?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Simple ... Buy a female ball type attachment ... buy a male pin type hitch ... buy a 3/8" h x 2" w x 6" l piece of iron .... buy an electric welder from Craig's list ...enroll in welding class at a local City College.... weld the pieces together ... (or barter for the welding to be done ) ... enjoy your handywork while nephew performs task at hand while you enjoy a glass ( or three) of hard apple cider as you laze off the afternoon in your hamock . :cool:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Seed your amazing so simple, will have to check next time at house. Bob I bought nephew a new welder couple years ago, he did use it to put up my fence so worth it.

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Seedcorn nailed it..
I've only used the hitch hole for the ball on my John Deere, with all the equipment I've ever used for the garden tractor. They all come with pin connectors, so I don't even have a ball for the tractor...

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think Seedcorn has your solution. Those hitch balls can be removed to switch out for different sizes and of course just leave a hole if you want to use a bolt and pin.

images

You can see the nut at the bottom of this one.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Depending upon type of hitch, it may not. Then go to any place that has trailer hitches and replace the hitch. You might want to measure how much lift or drop on hitch to make trailer pull level. If over years the nut is rusted to bolt, save yourself hours of heating it up, pulling on nut and go buy new one.

Yes, I've been called simple (along with simpleton, stupid, etc) many times. :).

Latest posts