Lost my best friend yesterday :(

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When we ring these beautiful creatures into our homes and share our lives with them we know in the back of our minds that they will break our hearts one day. We love them and then we have their wonderful memories that they gave is. My heart goes out to you. It is one of the most difficult things we must do...as pet owners.

I am so sorry....journey11

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend. We lost our beloved 14 year old Labrador, Danny, December 20, 2011. I played this over and over, tears flowing. It is the most beautiful version I have heard.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for your words of comfort. I talked about her so much on here, I figured I'd better post about it. Lots of dog people on here having gone through it too. I love that song too, @baymule . And @Nyboy , that poem was words I needed to hear. It's hard not to second-guess yourself.

The vet sent me a card with the rainbow bridge poem on it. I believe I'll see her again. I think they go right back to God who made them; they've done no wrong. I'm going to send them a card back and thank them for the great care they gave her over the years and they had much to do with how long she made it with the cancer. I always appreciated how kind they were to her and not afraid of her. They always knew our names when we came in and they have hundreds of customers.

Don't be too sure, Journey :).

Dogs have decisions to make, as well. When the last ball has been tossed, the last tidbit nibbled, and the family gathers to watch something silly on tv - a dog has to decide who provides the best personal space for a safe snooze ... before bedtime.

And, when those kids grow up and don't have time for a dog ... who then can share the experience and kind words? Who better understands and chooses not to be alone?

Steve

Love this... You are right. I know my dad has taken in several pets over the years when my siblings or I were unable to care for them or keep them after a move, college, etc. He was always just as attached to them as we, maybe more. They knew they were in good hands. As much as he said he didn't like cats, he sure did spoil them. ;)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs glad poem help it helped me. I come home at lunch to let my dogs out, my oldest had died sometime between me leaving in am and lunch. I was so grateful I did not need to make decision on putting her down. How are your kids handling it?

Latest posts