majors 2018 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm raising some Cornish Cross. So far their names are Dirty Birdies, Poop Masters, Piranha, Cutie, Sweetie and Skinless Boneless Breast. :lol:
and this why homeland security has issued a warning to stay clear of texas... texas was known for having big hearts, not no more they have all been eaten...
PNG-9-Huli-Wigmen-New-Guinea-June2009-c-V.-Ross.jpg

:lol::lol:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
update 4/14/18
crap cant win,, lost all my peas to onion maggots and this is after drenching the soil with triazicide, starting to get late so might as well plant field peas/beans out there...we have 2 gallon bags of peas left.
no carrots yet..they were old seeds anyway,all the veggies i started inside and put out a week too early are dead now...:he but seeds are sprouting that was done the other week...:celebrate

on to better news, the children have sprung the house they are in their new temporary home... this year it's the budget inn..
took about a 2 hours to slap together, still needs a fence in front..
but it's just to harden them off..
IMG_1524.JPG

put up plastic fencing on both side to keep the dogs running through
IMG_1522.JPG

stapled wire across the top so the plastic won't rip in the wind, the black duct tape is there for reinforcement thats where i put a slit in the plastic as a drain when it rains.
IMG_1528.JPG

wow a far cry from our first greenhouse.. like i mentioned we are on a strict budget this season..
DSC_0001.JPG

the mators are getting leggy had to tie them up before going out. fingers crossed will get them in the ground week saturday along with the peppers and eggplant.. they will be planted deep. you know those poor things are root bound..
IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

and @Nyboy the new yorker mator is about the size of a quarter now. all most time for a fried tomato...:lol:
IMG_1530.JPG

:plbb:plbb

That'll work! I cant believe how big your maters are. I planted mine 2 weeks after you and their half that size. Looking good.

Peppers going In the ground today. pinched all the suckers off, they going in deep!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
That'll work! I cant believe how big your maters are. I planted mine 2 weeks after you and their half that size. Looking good.

Peppers going In the ground today. pinched all the suckers off, they going in deep!

the intruders are doing good, the sweet bananas are 2 weeks behind.

the tomatoes remind me of the zz top song shes got leggs...:lol::lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry you have had a rocky start on some of your...starts. But those tomatoes look great!
They really got growing!

Mine seem to be frozen in time. I think the light might be a problem. If we ever had anything but cold wind and rain I'd take them out for a field trip in non-sunny but at least stronger natural light.

That New Yorker is really an above average achiever isn't it?

Latest posts