majors 2018 garden..

WOW....its amazing what 50 miles one way or the other will bring, we got wet that's all. We got plenty though and it was cold, but just over 32 enough to keep it from freezing.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I think our yearly ice storm is forecasted for February 12th, to celebrate Lincoln, since we are "The Land Of..."
Regarding LED's, I have been replacing my old flourescents with LED's and use them daily with NO PROBLEM. Maybe they were refitted?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yes led lighting is improving by leaps and bounds..and some power companies will reimburse you some of the money you put into switching over to led...

one thing i will say...do not buy any led fixtures from a box store you will be replacing them in a year or so....

doing ok with all of ours so far. it has been a couple of years. we picked up GE branded items for almost everything and don't have any on dimmers.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My new fridge has LED I hate it. By time comes fully on I am ready to shut door.

that doesn't sound right to me, what does company say? ours is on bright the instant the door is open. never had so much light in the freezer. what we really like is that the thing is so quiet. our older fridge was always rattling and gurgling.

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW....its amazing what 50 miles one way or the other will bring, we got wet that's all. We got plenty though and it was cold, but just over 32 enough to keep it from freezing.

we received close to a 1/2" of rain .20" of ice thank goodness it never stuck to the roads....37* at 5am

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
grrr...got soo much rain yesterday & even though the air temp most of last night & this morning was at 37 we had black ice galore! not fun trying to put out the trash & recycling toters this morning. but glad i had something to hold onto while i tried walking on it. saw a couple cars off the road from fender benders. mostly minor ones.

i'm wishing for a little more snow coverage to keep the plants protected before we get another dry freezing stretch. just checked the upcoming snow storm for Wednesday & depending on if i'm home or at work could depend if i get to see 3-6" or 6-10". seems they can't narrow down the exact figures yet or time it should blow through here. well, if you don't like the weather just give it a minute!

Latest posts