majors 2018 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner if it was up to me i would put my foot down and tell the dw that your going to till up the backyard, if she complains just tell her it's the back or front yard her choice...
:lol::lol:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
How I about I send a few and see if the dogs enjoy them! With tips to DIY ;)

carol your letter and treats showed up yesterday, the girls love them...woof woof with a little drool....... thank you so much love the packet of wildflower as well

you are such a good friend....xoxoxoxoxxoo

before this gets hijacked the woof woof and drool is from the dogs, not my sis or bro

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
carol your letter and treats showed up yesterday, the girls love them...woof woof with a little drool....... thank you so much love the packet of wildflower as well

you are such a good friend....xoxoxoxoxxoo

before this gets hijacked the woof woof and drool is from the dogs, not my sis or bro
Actually I thought it was from you!

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
potatoes are high in fiber, which makes them good for your dog's digestive tract. In addition, this fiber reduces the rate at which the potatoes break down into glucose, lowering their glycemic index. Sweet potatoes are also good for your dog's immune system, for reducing inflammation and for improving his eye health. They are also a good source of the antioxidants vitamins A and C. Sweet potatoes also contain vitamin B6, beta-carotene and manganese.

Prepare the Potatoes
Thoroughly wash two sweet potatoes under running water. Remove all eyes, sprouts and green spots. Peel if desired. Use a sharp knife to slice the potatoes into pieces approximately a quarter-inch thick. Slicing the potatoes lengthwise generally will result in longer slices more appropriate for medium-sized to large dogs, while cutting them crosswise will result in chips more appropriate to smaller dogs. Steam blanching your potatoes aids in the dehydrating process. Add safe seasonings your dog may like, such as basil, parsley or rosemary. Thicker slices will result in chewier treats; however they will not stay good as long as thinner, crispier treats.

Oven Method
Preheat oven to 250 F. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Place potato slices in a single layer on the sheet. The slices can be close together, but to ensure even cooking, their edges should not be touching. Dehydrate the slices for approximately three hours or until the desired texture is attained.

Dehydrator Method
Set the dehydrator to 135 F. Place the potato slices on the dehydrator rack, close, but not touching, as above. Dehydrate for 6 to 14 hours, until the desired texture is attained.

Storing Dehydrated Sweet Potatoes
Dehydrated sweet potato treats should be sealed in an airtight container or zipper-type plastic storage bag. The treats must be refrigerated or frozen. Treats can last about a week in the refrigerator or up to approximately six months in the freezer.

by Taboola
Sponsored Links

EXPLORE

This Baby Elephant Decided To Spend His Last Days Alongside This CreatureDirectExpose

US Obesity Doctor Reveals the No.1 Worst Carb You're EatingNucific

The One WD40 Trick Everyone Should Know AboutBoredom Therapy

Show Comments

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy and @majorcatfish I just reread the instructions. Mine are in a treat jar on the counter. They are dry and keep well for MONTHS. I do not think they need refrigeration or freezer. :hu I think if they are not damp and do not mold they are fine. :D
It's interesting that they say they only last a week if refrigerated. Maybe they're not doing it right. Like leaving moisture in.

Mary

Latest posts