majors 2023 garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you keep yelling "SQUIRREL!" you might find yourself surrounded by dogs.

I'm surprised that a squirrel could do that much damage to a car... but then, I guess everything is bigger in Texas. :D
No, regular squirrel. Car made out of plastic, probably recycled grocery bags. I kept yelling SQUIRREL because I had a screaming fit, might’ve said a lot of bad words about squirrels, because one dead squirrel cost me $625.
Driving my truck—now I AIM for the little destructive (insert bad words here)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Neighbor has a shallow attic with two small windows. Her son broke one bouncing a basketball off of the roof.
I saw my little black cat, "Inky" climb the tall maple next to it and climb on the roof and inside the attic. This was about 3 years ago. I am conVinced that she was feasting on young squirrel bc I also saw squirrels entering and leaving same attic window.
Neighbor had painting and work done last year. The two windows have been boarded up and painted shut.
Wonder what skeletons remain in that attic?!?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
5/13/23 ..... a nice cool spring morning to get the chores done. first thing first, repair the tank on the sprayer. found a perfect size kit on amazon "ding all" it's from a surf board shop... $21.00
put 4 layers of fiberglass going to let it cure overnight and will test out my handy work in the morning< if not raining>. oh a new tank is 176.00
IMG_0391.JPG

got that out of the way, since was out in the barn changed out the mowers blades and mowed the property...
once done sprayed some round-up in a couple beds will spread straw in those hopefully tomorrow. straw is my new friend when it comes to weed blocking.
did a quick harvest of greens ,lettuce and radishes.
looks like a good salad tonight for dinner.
IMG_0393.jpg

the main bed area is doing great...
IMG_0386.JPG

even have a yellow squash and a zucchini
IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0385.JPG
and in the main garden have a couple mators...... oh i see some fried green mators in a couple weeks.
IMG_0387 (1).jpg

too all the ladies...HAPPY MOTHERS DAY !!!!!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gorgeous lettuce greens Major. They resemble large rosy flower blossoms!
thank you.. enjoy growing different types and colors of lettuce/ tasty weeds for our salads, plus need to eat heart healthy veggies since heart surgery. if dw had her way we would be eating iceburg:duc

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
finished my last of my fixer up projects this morning.....
converted our old jackson wheelbarrow to 2 wheels, since nobody sold a complete conversion kit had to piece it out and modify parts as i went along.
um by the time ordering all the parts could have bought a new one....but have a very stable unit now, good for another 20 years...
IMG_0397.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts