Mauldintigers 2016 Garden

Mauldintiger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Thanks Thistle!
Harvest a bit unusual today, 7 different kinds of squash!
On the left, Dostal Cucumber, a winter squash, from Seed Savers Exchange, the round yellow are Desi summer squash, below them is a Table King acorn bush winter squash, regular zucchini and yellow squash, a Tromboncino, and costata romanesca zucchini. Topped off with a sprig of basil and my daily harvest of okra and tomatoes and cucumbers. Got my first vine borer on a zucchini, but it's fighting through it so far.
Forgot about a spaghetti squash, so 8 different kinds!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shoot.

My garden is never gonna be able to compete against one with 8 different kinds of squash!

;)

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful squash! Love your garden, it's proof that you can have a bountiful harvest without chemicals. :thumbsup

Mauldintiger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thursday harvest, pulled some green tomatoes to see how they ripen inside. With all the heat and no rain, they are just sitting there.
Anxious to try the Costata Romanesco zucchini, supposedly one of the best tasting zucchini's.

Can't figure out how to put pics in a post where I want them?
Anyway, the middle pic is Friday's
50% chance of rain yesterday, but the storm split and we just to the north and south of us
60% chance today, got my fingers crossed!
Top pic is okra and the Costata zucchini about to go on the grill last night. EVOO, S&P, and fresh grated Parmesan about to go on the grill. If you have never tried veggies grilled like this, you're missing out! Especially the okra! Course, my favorite way is battered and fried, but that ain't going to happen when you're battling cholesterol, weight and old age
The Costata was good, but not good enough to offset its late and low production. It also has huge vines. Tatume, Tromboncino and Desi are as good or better and more productive and with better pest resistance.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Can't figure out how to put pics in a post where I want them?
You upload a photo via the link at the bottom of the message. Then you put the cursor at the desired location in the text. And allocate the desired photo. It is inserted at the cursor position.
You have a beautiful garden!

Mauldintiger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Larissa, I'm on an iPad, tried this and Made it work!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Today's harvest, I guess I really don't need but a couple of eggplants since the only way I know to fix them is on the grill and they sure don't last long on the counter. Eggplant, cukes, and squash are all prolific and it's going to be a problem figuring out how to preserve them.
image.jpeg

I only have two Tromboncino vines but they are huge and prolific. At least 5 or 6 more fruits will be ready over the next few days.
image.jpeg

The tromboncini's and butternuts are starting to climb my Leyland Cypress. I'm going to let them go and see what happens! No more room on my trellis anyway.
image.jpeg

Supper last night, grilled squash and okra with EVOO and finished with fresh grated Parmesan! Delicious!

Last edited:

Latest posts