Mayhem

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
when we moved when i was a kid i hid in the cupboards for six months. Mom was worried and talked to a psych, psych was smart and said, "He'll come out when he's ready." :) i still like living in comfy spaces that don't change much. up north i lived in an attic for quite a while. say hello to kittykindredspirit for me and give her a scritch.

:) digitS'

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Opened up the big carrier yesterday afternoon and spent a while trying to reassure her that things were ok.
Chaos stuck his big head right up in her little carrier and there was no hissing or anything - so I'm assuming they've settled their hello's already. She slunk off into the barn after a quick snack and I was wondering if I'd see her again.
BUT - sure enough - she came when I called this morning with breakfast. She's still worried and cautious, but I think things are going to work out just fine with her.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
An old English lady told me that when you move a cat, butter it's paws. It will immediately groom itself, licking the paws clean. This relaxes the cat, it is home. I did this one time when I moved to a different house with a cat. I greased up his paws, which he didn't like, and he took off. It got late, 10:30, little daughter began to get weepy over the cat running off, and there was a meow at the door. A very clean cat strolled in like he owned the place.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
.. those old English ladies :love

i like anyone who uses the word knickers. :)

i'm also quite convinced i have no idea what the word fanny means over there in comparison to what it means here.

these are random warming thoughts for a blustery winter morning over coffee and biscuits. i am mangling two languages/cultures in that sentence. gleefully. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Remember Alex saving a kitten from becoming breakfast for a fox one dark morning? After he scared the fox away, the feral kitten ran straight to Alex. Alex took the tony thing to the vet, lamenting how ugly it was. He cheerfully admitted that he liked beautiful animals. Sadly the kitten was so sick that it didn’t survive. Just one more thing to love about him.

Latest posts