Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
1609214022043.png

She sure cleaned up sweet ```

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
She has shaggy winter hair now. Still skinny, she hit a plateau then started losing weight again. I wormed her 3 times, 10 days apart and started pouring feed to her. She has gained weight but still remains thin. I’ve never had a horse stay so skinny for so long. It is frustrating! Otherwise she is happy and healthy. I’ll try to get a picture of her this evening.
Does her teeth need floating ? Also, try some vitamin B12, and some wheat germ oil, and/or flax seed oil. I got these by the gallon from my feed store. I also fed high quality US %1 leafy 2nd cutting alfalfa hay to get horses ready for shows and get more dollars at sale time. As the old timer horsemen used to say .... "fat is a beautiful color " !

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
She looks much improved! Maybe she's just meant to be skinny? Heck I was skinny for most of my life. Weighed 95lbs when I got married at age 25. I'm 5' tall. Don't way that now though, haha

Mary

what?! 96?... :) some people are lucky, my brother can eat anything he wants and right now he's back to being too thin again. me, if i do that i'll put on 5lbs in a few weeks.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The ring tailed tooter (youngest) wanted to go fast. She asked if next time, would I get a faster horse. :lol:

Turns out that Pearl's affection for me didn't last long. She was in heat and sized me up as a possible Baby Daddy. :gigPoor girl, she backed up to me, wringing her tail. I don't know what made her decide that I was a handsome hunk of a stallion. I had to break the news to her that THAT wasn't going to happen! As soon as she was out of heat, I was an annoyance again, who happens to bring her feed.

Latest posts