Men Would You Wear Pink ?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Quiche is just a big ol' omelette in a pie crust, ain't it? Been years since I had any but it was downright delish! I don't care what it's called, when you throw eggs, bacon, onions, cheese and spinach in a pie it's gonna be good.
I wish you were closer cause I'd make you one. I make a mean spinach and mushroom quiche. Recipe makes 2 so it's great to be able to give one away and still keep one. ;)

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of my best looking summer shirts has little lines of many colors: dark blue and green, red, light blue and green, and pink. It intrigues me every time I take a close look at that fabric. How they set things up to make something like that ... But, you have to look closely.

I'm happy that DW bought that shirt for me. Perhaps, I would have just passed right over, bought something chambray, or whatever.

Quiche? I was rather pleased with myself for learning to make pumpkin pie as a young kid. I didn't really care for custard pie but learned to make omelets by the time I left home. Quiche recipe? I can do that and did ... except, I don't like it with nutmeg. blech! But, then that silly book came out. By then, I was a single dad. I needed my full stock of cooking skills!

Steve

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have 2 dress shirts (long sleeve button down) shirts that are purple. 1 is a purple plaid and the other is a solid royal purple. The solid purple one I bought to wear to the Daddy/Daughter dance because her favorite color is purple. Purple tie and I'm ready to go.

My other daughter her favorite color is pink. So once she was old enough to go, I bought a hot pink, dress shirt (see description above) to wear when I take her to the Daddy/Daughter dance. Both girls love it. The pink shirt is very bold and I describe it as Miami Vice pink. You can't miss it. Solid black subtle patterned tie, and dark grey suit it looks good. Both shirts look good with my grey suit.

I'm not afraid of color, and am not ashamed or afraid to wear any color. My daughters love the idea that I bought shirts/ties to wear just for them.

As far as quiche goes, get me a plate. A good one is good stuff.

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
;) It's not WHAT you wear.. it's HOW you wear it

th1XQG24OM.jpg thAP221PLT.jpg thCZA0O20G.jpg thQOVQDJTY.jpg thTRSBALFT.jpg th5BE5L0TE.jpg th049R44FP.jpg

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wanted a really bright color for my front door, I also wanted to be different from everyone else. I picked out a bright shade of orange, I felt so proud of myself most people are afraid of using orange. The painter called me twice to make sure the paint I left was for the front door. I came home thinking I was all chic and hated it :barnie:barnie Painter back 2 days later door is now red

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
As a teacher I saw fashion change for teens over the years. There were different times when pink and purple we very popular and the cool boys wore them. For a brief period bright orange pants were extra cool for the guys. I can imagine guys refusing to wear pink. I must say my husband looks best in light blue , pink and dark purple. He is a giant of a man, a gentle giant, and could care less about what others might think.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
What colors I use to paint depends on the use. Of course anything to do with the house is up to the wife, I stay out of that. It's not worth the fight. She likes wooden doors by the way, not painted. When I built the detached workshop and storage room next to the house I went with the same red brick and white siding as the house. She wanted that anyway but it was also my preference. They are coordinated.

The outbuildings, shed and chickens, I wanted to blend in more than stand out so I went with Forest Green, a typical barn color. Those were my buildings and my choice. The only other color I even considered was a traditional barn red. I know I'm boring. Inside the workshop and storage rooms I went with white on the ceiling and bright, light colors on the walls. The workshop is an oops off-white from Lowe's. really cheap. I could not find a suitable oops for the storage room so I went with a light bright orange. Those light colors makes it easier to see in there, it's not dark. The shelves are another oops from Lowe's, a brown. A lighter color may have made it easier to see things on the shelves but the brown hides dirt and stains pretty well. With the lighter walls and ceiling I can see pretty well even with that darker brown shelves.

Latest posts