Monsanto - the planet killer is at it again.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would encourage EVERYONE to go talk to a farmer. As a whole, they are friendly and very open about the good/bad of their industry. Don't listen/read from some biased individual, talk to them yourselves, it's very easy and you might even find it enjoyable.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
I think we are no longer trying to send 'food' to feed the people of disaster. We're trying to set them up a plan for reconstruction. They had lousy life's to start with, never had enough food and the farms were pretty broke. I can't help but see the obvious reign of terror that will come down on this country if farmers have to pay for seed next year or the next.

Hattie, I see that is a fabulous quote. I'm sure there was a threat of suit, that's what they do... they sue. :/

Honestly, I would love to hear from some farmers who've been roped into signing contacts with contengicies that are going to put them into broke. Does anyone have any links to any articles with complaints or facts giving from 'business' associates of M's? Though I highly doubt they speak up.
:frow

Hi vfem,

OK this is just a tip of the iceberg......!!

http://www.percyschmeiser.com/

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=11796

http://www.non-gm-farmers.com/news_details.asp?ID=2157

http://www.bloggersbase.com/sports-and-fitness/are-you-eating-foods-of-deception-part-6/

There is a whole lot more out there....... :( UNFORTUNATELY....!!

It's a long read!

:( Hattie :(

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
PLEASE note the last three quotes from the link I posted above:
ie:
http://www.non-gm-farmers.com/news_details.asp?ID=2157
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Monsanto should not have to vouchsafe the safety of biotech food. Our interest is in selling as much of it as possible. Assuring its safety is the F.D.A.'s job" - Phil Angell, Monsanto's director of corporate communications. "Playing God in the Garden" New York Times Magazine, October 25, 1998.

"What you are seeing is not just a consolidation of seed companies, its really a consolidation of the entire food chain" - Robert Fraley, co-president of Monsanto's agricultural sector 1996, in the Farm Journal. Quoted in: Flint J. (1998) Agricultural industry giants moving towards genetic monopolism. Telepolis, Heise.

"I recognized my two selves: a crusading idealist and a cold, granitic believer in the law of the jungle" Edgar Monsanto Queeny, Monsanto chairman, 1943-63, "The Spirit of Enterprise", 1934.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmmm.....!! Certainly food for thought there......from their own mouths, or pens.......!!

Hattie

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am scratching my head here. Paraphrasing ..Dont talk to biased individuals but it is ok to talk to farmers. Farmers are what..individuals, or biased. :gig :gig :gig

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I guess I should not be so glib.

Here is an audio from 2002 from Percy Schmeiser himself. I heard this myself back in 2002. My computer is ailing now and I cannot take the time to hear it all. However, here is a chance to hear this travesty of justice straight from the "horse/farmer's" mouth.

http://www.democracynow.org/2002/9/4/as_colin_powell_is_heckled_at

Sorry but you will have to get past the Colin Powell episode and you can fast forward about four minutes and you can hear Farmer Schmeiser in his own words. :/

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wish they would just label everything made with GMO corn or Pesticide treated foods with those warnings so people are free to make their own decisions on whether they want to buy it or not.

They leave the end customer completely out of the process on decision making on our own health.

Like recently they passed an educational decree or law of some sort stating kids that do not pass gym with a C or better can not graduate. That they are fight obesity before it leaves their school system!!!

Yet they won't change what they feed the kids, or go up against the industry that gives the food out for so cheap its no wonder why the kids get over weight.... so the government decides to attack the families! Its just wrong, and backwards... you fix the system not try to change the end result. What I tell my husband all the time...
"Insanity is trying to do the same thing all the time and expect a different result!"

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Government is a tool. It is like a hammer. It is a delivery system. Dont destroy it. It took hundreds of years to build this delivery system, and it makes it possible for all who live here to have a better life.

It is a good tool. It just depends on WHO is using this tool and what they do with it that needs our attention. If you use the hammer to build and make better ok then.

However, if you use the tool for greed and in the name of profit to destroy people, then what are a civilized people to do. That is the question.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It is a good tool. It just depends on WHO is using this tool
Nope. The tool has been perverted, rewired, reengineered and corrupted. It hasn't mattered for quite some time who is using it. It only destroys things now.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
But Wifezilla, it is OUR tool. We need to be the ones to make it better and no one said it would be easy. I don't want blood shed but this is my country and I am supposed to be the government. I pay my taxes. I just demand that my taxes actually go to taking care of me and the other human beings in this country. :D

----------------------------------------------------

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. -Oscar Wilde

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The problem is we fundamentally disagree on what the purpose of government is. Taking care of me is not what is was founded to do. It is supposed to make sure no one interferes with us as we TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES.

And I pay taxes too. More than most because I am self employed.