morning grrrrrr

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The trials and tribulations of a home owner :(, reminds me of a time one freezing cold, wintery night when hubby was working night shift. I woke up in the wee hours to a loud bang coming from the basement.
On investigation I found the door had blown off our oil furnace, could hardly see through the smoke but I could see the flame in the furnace, still I had to feel for the switch to turn it off and then find the smoke alarm to turn it off.
I built a fire in the fireplace and sat up feeding the fire till hubby got home, he came in to see me covered in oil soot. I explained what happened, he had a look and said I can fix this, he'd been babying this old relic along for years. My response... LIKE H*LL you will, 3 days later we had a new furnace. Sometimes you just have to take matters in your own hands.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
2;15am deep asleep dw comes in, "honey" thinking to myself oh carp overslept.... how do we turn off the water...fully awake now..
the kitchen is a indoor swimming pool.......grrrrr ran outside turned off the well, shut the valve, back inside turned off the water heater....
spent 2 hours sucking up water from the dining room to the computer room..
View attachment 28174
View attachment 28175
the cold water connection broke off
View attachment 28176
so now we have fans going everywhere. the insurance company opens at 8 so we are waiting till then.

been wanting to change out the water heater guess this will be a good time to do it....
oh....no. At least he woke up before it ws even worse.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Blame it on the duct tape. ;)

Good thing you got control of the situation early, I hope there is no lasting damage. I had a water heater burst when I lived in a mobile home, it went right through the floor... cost a lot $$$$ to fix.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The trials and tribulations of a home owner :(, reminds me of a time one freezing cold, wintery night when hubby was working night shift. I woke up in the wee hours to a loud bang coming from the basement.
On investigation I found the door had blown off our oil furnace, could hardly see through the smoke but I could see the flame in the furnace, still I had to feel for the switch to turn it off and then find the smoke alarm to turn it off.
I built a fire in the fireplace and sat up feeding the fire till hubby got home, he came in to see me covered in oil soot. I explained what happened, he had a look and said I can fix this, he'd been babying this old relic along for years. My response... LIKE H*LL you will, 3 days later we had a new furnace. Sometimes you just have to take matters in your own hands.
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh that's awful! So sorry about that mess. :hugs

This would probably be a good time to show your wife how to turn the water and any other utilities that could be calamitous off. Fortunately it broke when you were both home and it got caught early.

Hope you don't have too much trouble with all the repairs.

oh yes both dw and dd were shown where to turn off the water and heater.....

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish man that sucks hate to see it. By the looks of those pics your kitchen may be out of commission for a spell.hope you can get serve pro in there before mold starts growing. At least you have fans going that will help big time.

Latest posts