morning grrrrrr

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
only a hour late the adjuster took moisture readings some low some very high, took photos of everything crap theres still 1/2" of water in the duct work, took measurements, we got under the house really cut open the insulation sopping wet. now it's a waiting game we will hopefully know more tuesday....

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
only a hour late the adjuster took moisture readings some low some very high, took photos of everything crap theres still 1/2" of water in the duct work, took measurements, we got under the house really cut open the insulation sopping wet. now it's a waiting game we will hopefully know more tuesday....
Watch out for the insurance company. They sent us around 4500. after much damage from ice damns one winter. I think the damage may have ended up at 11-12,000. From the beginning the first adjusters who looked at the house said it would be an open claim, our agent said the same. That means other things may come up that were not visible. The man I dealt with at the corporate office was rude and difficult.There was more damage in the state than from any hurricane. They sent some guy from the south who was not familiar with the expensive area we live in. One thing stands out in my memory on the itemized estimate. A piece of sheetrock listed for a couple of dollars. I asked my agent if he expected us to go buy a scrap of sheetrock. When hurricane Sandy hit new York and New Jersey, it was exposed that they were sending people to way underestimate homes that should have been totaled. Work must be complete within 2 years or they don't pay the claim. Many people got cheated.It is very difficult to find someone to repair your home after a disaster because they are all busy. We were lucky we had a guy who does small jobs that had done work for us before. Don't let them cheat you.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
this should be outlawed in any style of home... code requires that receptacles are at least 15" from floor, why in the hell would they allow appliance outlets be placed on the floor.

in 1st photo there was an inch of water, i'm sure somebody was watching over cindy when she walk through the kitchen to wake me that she was not electrocuted.
will be asking whoever does the repair work to raise it up.
IMG_2532[1].JPG

2nd photo is behind the dryer same thing receptacle on the floor..
IMG_2531[1].JPG

a good friend loves using this word and it fits perfectly ..

that's just....... "asinine"

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the insurance shot down serve pro quote of 8200.00 but accepted the other companies quote of 7300.00 , they will be here tuesday to start ripping out..oh yeah.
so this weekend we need to cleanout the pantry and all the lower cabinets...

Latest posts