morning grrrrrr

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
its done....wow they worked hard today
View attachment 30074
oh wait a second thats my other house... dont tell the wife..

heres where we are at as of today...
the uppers are in, they are coming back out tomorrow to do a little more mudding along some seams and apply another coat of paint..
start fixing the belly board underneath...
fix a couple more outlets...
they did break a globe around a light..thank god now i can replace that crap fixture without any whining.....
View attachment 30075
heres the counter tops really like the color
View attachment 30076

so hopefully by friday they will be at a stand still till we get the vinyl down and then they can come back in and set the lower cabinets...

tic toc..the ball is rolling...
I don't really like that over the top kitchen.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
grrrr. took off yesterday since was told that some of the crew was coming out to do some work, <we had .3" ice ice sunday morning> they called monday at 9:50 and said they were not coming out due to ice and school closings..i'm good with that...but the ticker in the news feeds all sunday reported school closings for monday.
they could have called sunday night and let me know....

and with the ice the vinyl people will not be out till next wednesday......

what the hell it's only been 4 months 3 weeks 3 days whats one more week...grrrrr

figured since i was not going into work would made the best of it..ate and slept.......................................................................................................

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the best part the owner called and asked were i was <senior moment for him> he remembered asked for me to fix a sticky lock the next day.. told him my people were not coming in, was going to play hooky since it a little late to come in...he laughed <you know i do that every once in a while>. enjoy your day......

oh on a good note our range hood is at lowes so this weekend we will pick it up...tic toc...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
GRRRRRRRRRRRR..........................
STARTING TO GET PISSED AND SEEING RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE CARPET PEOPLE CALLED AND NOW THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO INSTALL THE VINYL TILL THE 30TH<INSTALLER HURT HIS HAND>

{WHAT THEY ONLY HAVE ONE INSTALLER?}
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......................................... WAITING TO TELL DW AFTER SHES GETS HOME TONIGHT, SHE WILL NOT BE A HAPPY PERSON. TOLD THE CABINET CREW THE NEWS , THEY HAVE A PERSON WHO DOES VINYL, SO AFTER TALKING WITH DW WE MAY JUST HAVE THEM DO IT AND PAY THE CARPET PEOPLE OFF...WE SHALL SEE...

I WANT A FULLY OPERATIONAL KITCHEN, LIKE 3 1/2 MONTHS AGO...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
told the dw about the vinyl this morning on the way to lowes...grrrrrrrrr we just stick with them since we both liked their workmanship on the carpet....

while there at lowes looked at what shade of stain to put on the cabinets dw likes the golden oak by miniwax and their satin poly to seal.. noticed that they have their seed displays up, started to walk over dw said with a stern tone, what are your plans for the gardens? the only reason im asking is since we have not really had time to do any cooking since the flood, and since i am working full time now will not have time to do a bunch of canning.... dw did do a ton of canning last year..

so thinking about taking the main garden out of rotation and work on enriching the soil and grow out of the 3 other areas on a limited basis...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's confirmed the vinyl people will be here between 10-10;30 am tomorrow.... once again we are moving everything out of our makeshift kitchen...

and oh lord please let the cabinet/plumper show up on monday morning...

what you silly of course will post photos later tomorrow of the floor.... stay tuned:pop