My BJ, My Husband has Died

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Drinking ACV will only make an acidic stomach more acidic. A neighbor convinced his wife to start taking ACV. It made her stomach more acidic. To combat it she drank a glass of baking soda water. That caused her to rupture a blood vessel in her stomach. They fortunately got her to ER before she bled out.
Bicarbonate soda has always put me right

R2elk

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
that is the point of drinking ACV is to get the stomach acidic enough again to tell it to stop producing yet more acid. by taking antacids people are doing the opposite of what the body needs (IMO of course). all it really does is sell more antacids.

like the problem with ulcers is often a bacterial infection there are problems from stomach acid and things that are more related to poor eating habits and lifestyle bad choices and once you correct those you can often avoid longer term issues.

always a good idea to have your stomach and esophygus checked if it is a persistent issue, but generally the docs push pills and not actual solutions.

drinking a small amount of baking soda water can help for a short term thing, but instead it is often better to have some coke or ginger ale or even just plain sparkling water instead. as your friend found out all too often it is a bad idea to do things without really understanding what they are doing to themselves.
If the stomach is already too acidic adding more acid to it is not going to help it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went to the men's shelter this morning, they were glad to get all the things I took. This mission welcomes drug addicts, alcoholics the homeless and they work with them to straighten out their lives. The feed the homeless and provide beds to sleep in. It was the right thing to do.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I filled up the car yesterday. That is something he always did, those little things. I've already fueled up the truck from our diesel tank, thinking how I was doing it wrong because I didn't do it "his way". LOL

I have been busy, trying to de-clutter and get rid of things that I don't want to move and haul around. I sold a bedroom set, it was a full bed. Going to replace it with a queen bed and a nightstand for one of the bedrooms in my new house, I ordered a twin/full bunkbed for the other bedroom, it's being delivered today. Sold a 3-stack baby chick brooder, a couple drove 3 hours to get here, one way, to buy it. Giving away some stuff, got a Goodwill pile going. Went Christmas shopping for the granddaughters yesterday and a young man was stocking shelves. I asked for and got boxes. I have lots of books, I've read them, don't want or need many of them. Bought a burn barrel so I can burn documents, both mine and my Mom's. When she died, BJ insisted on keeping a lot of her stuff, and we just stacked boxes up. We were building up the farm, and I just never got around to going through everything. I have a big box of her tax returns. The hard part of burning stuff like that is I can't just dump them in, papers have to be separated so air can get to them or they don't burn. I got a realtor coming tomorrow to give me an idea on what this place is worth. I won't put it up for sale until March, but she might have some good ideas on things I can do to make it sell better. #1. Get rid of clutter!!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The hard part of burning stuff like that is I can't just dump them in, papers have to be separated so air can get to them or they don't burn.
There is another reason to go through stuff of people that lived through the depression. Several years back a neighbor from my childhood and relative to a sister-in-law died. As they were going through his stuff they found $10,000 hidden away. Some people just didn't trust banks. I don't know that your Mom was quite that old.

When we were going through some of Mom's stuff to declutter she wanted us to be careful, she thought Dad might have done something like that. We were going through dress patterns to give away, we had to look in each envelope. Never found anything.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is another reason to go through stuff of people that lived through the depression. Several years back a neighbor from my childhood and relative to a sister-in-law died. As they were going through his stuff they found $10,000 hidden away. Some people just didn't trust banks. I don't know that your Mom was quite that old.

When we were going through some of Mom's stuff to declutter she wanted us to be careful, she thought Dad might have done something like that. We were going through dress patterns to give away, we had to look in each envelope. Never found anything.

not just money, but things like stock certificates and bonds or other important documents (like those related to investments that haven't been cashed in yet - if you built your own place you want the records of what you paid to buy the land and to build since that is a part of the basis of the place when you sell it).

other things like family history, birth certificates and such can also be important to the kids later on.

Latest posts