My dog swallowed a ball this morning

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Joined
Nov 19, 2009
Messages
2,415
Reaction score
2,605
Points
313
Location
Southern Oregon
I learned from this post - thank you.

Yesterday for the second time, one of my cattle dogs (being such a dog!!) drank up the salad oil and soy sauce with dozens of dead earwigs in a custard bowl. Yes, it was inaccessible. Yes, he got to it anyway.

Splashed some peroxide down the throat and waited. and waited......There it came. Wretched foamy vomiting with slime and earwigs.

Wish I had known about peroxide when he lapped up some of a fly capture bag that stunk to high heaven with dead flies. He was so sick that night that I sat up with him for hours.

Sigh....
 

Marie2020

Garden Ornament
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
233
Reaction score
234
Points
75
I learned from this post - thank you.

Yesterday for the second time, one of my cattle dogs (being such a dog!!) drank up the salad oil and soy sauce with dozens of dead earwigs in a custard bowl. Yes, it was inaccessible. Yes, he got to it anyway.

Splashed some peroxide down the throat and waited. and waited......There it came. Wretched foamy vomiting with slime and earwigs.

Wish I had known about peroxide when he lapped up some of a fly capture bag that stunk to high heaven with dead flies. He was so sick that night that I sat up with him for hours.

Sigh....
Yuk, just finished my breakfast o_O . Why do our dogs eat all this junk. I'm so pleased you managed to deal with it quickly. Thank you for sharing. :)
 

Marie2020

Garden Ornament
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
233
Reaction score
234
Points
75
Only if done directly after the ingestion. Dog digestive systems are short and quick, so if the poison is not still in the gut it won't help at all. If you can get it quick and they vomit it all out, it's all good in the neighborhood!
Thanks for that reply. It makes me feel like carrying a supply when we go walking because you never know when the dog just snatches something vile up.
 

Marie2020

Garden Ornament
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
233
Reaction score
234
Points
75
yesterday i was cutting up some yellow onions. i was really hungry as i'd not had breakfast yet or even drank any water. since i was hungry i ate some of the onion. almost immediately i found out that was a horrible idea. my throat and stomach really started hurting. it was the worst i'd felt in a long time and so quick.

instead of getting peroxide i drank some milk and then had a chocolate and chocolate chip cookie (think of it as a very small brownie made as a cookie). those worked very well and the pain and stomach problem went away nearly immediately.
I so wish cookies would sort out a lot of my health problems , that would be just heaven :)
 

sweelgarden

Sprout
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Points
3
Sorry for chiming in to this thread so late, but I just had to share this in case it helps someone out. I wish I had gotten this advice years ago.

Training your dog really is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue.

Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. The same goes for all the nasty urine.

All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training 4 Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of. I highly recommend it.

Here's a link to their site. Good luck! :)
 

Marie2020

Garden Ornament
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
233
Reaction score
234
Points
75
i did laugh, but i'm sorry you have health problems.
I may be wrong but find that a majority of people have health problems at some point, this world is not as healthy as it was say 40 years ago. My way is to keep searching for what works, which is hard going because what works for one person may not work for someone else, due to allergic reactions. Even if I don't like what is suggested I will take it as long as it resolves my problem at the time. My apologies for this late reply :).
 

Marie2020

Garden Ornament
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
233
Reaction score
234
Points
75
Sorry for chiming in to this thread so late, but I just had to share this in case it helps someone out. I wish I had gotten this advice years ago.

Training your dog really is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue.

Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. The same goes for all the nasty urine.

All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training 4 Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of. I highly recommend it.

Here's a link to their site. Good luck! :)
Thank you for your input . You are more than welcome to join in any thread of mine, the more the better. :)
 

Latest posts

Top