My driving rant.....

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
:barnieslow drivers don't bother me much bc we drive country road and encounter farm vehicles. When I was getting hay I would drive 45 mph in 55 mph speed limit zone, but I didn't drive with hay on the interstate which has a minimum speed barring construction zones. The same people that pull out in front of you and drag their wheels without watching, can't pick a lane and forget where the turn signals are or how to use them are the ones you see in the next accident. Their bad driving habits catch up with them. I think that people are taught incorrectly how to drive. I suggest that kids should learn that when you put your car into gear, F or R, to rid the brake and really feel how much power the engine has. I use cruise most of the time, and I cut the cruise and coast when I exit an interstate. I can come to a stop so that you can hardly feel it. Most people hit the gas, slam on the brakes and drive like they are in bumper cars. Gotta drive defensively all of the time, now.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use cruise control every time on am on highway. I am shocked how many people tell me they don't trust it turning off. Yet they trust every other part of car.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I see an elderly person driving in town, going slow or slower, don't use turn signals, I think "bless their pea picking heart" & really don't care. Same with country roads. Now on highways, stay OFF. They should know they can't operate at posted speed...

We were taught to drive with the traffic flow regardless of speed limit-within reason. My wife is the one in the center lane, saying I'm doing the speed limit, I'm not going to get ticketed..... meanwhile every vehicle is screaming at her because she is a tragedy waiting to happen. I NEVER let her drive with me in the car.......Cruise up to a stop sign is lost on her. It's same speed in town as on the highway...

Don't get me started with people and cell phones without hands free.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I use cruise control every time on am on highway. I am shocked how many people tell me they don't trust it turning off. Yet they trust every other part of car.
Many cars/trucks have a Cancel/Resume button for cruise. I am very easy on my brakes so that they will be there in an emergency.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes those slow drivers being passive aggressive, and just seem to get their jollies trying to inconvenience as many people as possible. Those are the ones that speed up in passing zones, then slow down again... or that speed up as you attempt to pass. Probably my #1 pet peeve, even on multi-lane highways.

Cell phone drivers would be my #2 peeve also, hard to tell the difference sometimes between them & someone driving under the influence... which they really are, when you think about it.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I find my speedometer and cruise don't agree on speed. Only 1-2 mph off but one of them is off.....

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've found that the general driving of the population has degenerated into lawlessness and rudeness over the past 10 yrs. Now it's like driving a gauntlet every time we take to the highway, with every other driver over the center line and completely oblivious to the fact that they just ran you off the road to escape them. They just keep speeding blithely onward.

Those that exceed the limit, hang on your tail as you obey the speed limit laws, pass you impatiently while they almost side swipe you and race forward as if going to a fire are increasing in numbers. Seems no one obeys the posted speed limits any longer.

Then the slow folks who let traffic mount up behind them...again, breaking the law. It's considered aggressive driving if one is going 10 mph below the posted speed limits, so their rudeness, ineptitude at maintaining speed and refusal to pull off and let others past them should result in tickets, removal of their license, etc.

Oh, and those folks who fail to turn on their headlights in torrential rains...invariably it's the ones who are driving grey or dark colored cars. This is at epidemic proportions...isn't this taught in driving school any longer???? Or are people just so incredibly lazy that they can't reach down and turn a knob for lights? Again, breaking the law, but do they care? Do the police care? Nope.

It's akin to playing Russian roulette to even get in the car and go anywhere nowadays, so I can have empathy with your rants....there are few things that get my panties in a wad nowadays, but getting out on the highway and suffering the outlaws behind the wheels is one of them. :rant

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
On multi lane roads, speeders don't bother me a bit. On state highways, drive the speed limit or get off.

I cut old people some slack as some day I'll be old also....

Latest posts